Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Police interaction

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I ask apparent junkies if they have any needles on them. They usually answer honestly.

And some of the people that I interact with aren*t exactly Mensa candidates, you would be surprised what comes out of their mouths.
    And I imagine all the other orifices as well.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

When and where did I mention unlocked vehicles? I don't understand the apples and oranges "comparison".

I have trouble believing guns are routinely left in plain sight within breached vehicles interiors.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    When and where did I mention unlocked vehicles? I don't understand the apples and oranges "comparison".

I have trouble believing guns are routinely left in plain sight within breached vehicles interiors.
    You mentioned BREAKING into a car and I relayed my experience that some guns were reported stolen from vehicles that were left unlocked. Yes I mentioned unlocked and wanted to know if that is still considered secure.

The guns that I have seen reported stolen from vehicles were reported to have been stored in the center console, glovebox, under the seat, in the rear hatch, in a bag. No one said the gun was left in plain sight.

(Allegheny County)

Claiming your gun was "secure" because it was in a locked car when stolen is like claiming your wife had an affair because she was having sex when being raped.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Claiming your gun was "secure" because it was in a locked car when stolen is like claiming your wife had an affair because she was having sex when being raped.
    I'll reread this post in the morning when my mind is more clear. Perhaps it will make sense.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I'll reread this post in the morning when my mind is more clear. Perhaps it will make sense.
    Makes as much sense as claiming your gun is "secure" because it was in a locked car.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    You mentioned BREAKING into a car and I relayed my experience that some guns were reported stolen from vehicles that were left unlocked. Yes I mentioned unlocked and wanted to know if that is still considered secure.

The guns that I have seen reported stolen from vehicles were reported to have been stored in the center console, glovebox, under the seat, in the rear hatch, in a bag. No one said the gun was left in plain sight.
    I would never leave my gun behind anywhere in a locked car while parked in Philly. Hell, I rarely leave my locked car behind in Philly. That said, it's a judgement call based on locale, time of day, where I'm actually going if I can't take it with me, etc.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

Not speaking for anyone else but the sentiment seems to be: Whether locked or not, the thief entered my car and stole item X. Therefore, I have no culpability in the theft because thiefing is wrong. I should be able to leave a pot of gold doubloons exposed on the front seat- I'm immune from being critiqued because the bigger wrong is stealing.

That it's an infantile argument and simply doesn't reflect reality just bounces off some folks (the angry and the 'tarded). Besides, the whole "blaming the victim" is mostly 80's and 90's early woke-speech. Plenty of victims shoulder a percentage of blame but somehow it's forbidden to speak of it. That's just bull shit.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Montgomery County)

I'm wondering what lengths people have to go to in order for their house to be considered 'secure' and not be labeled a 'tard? Do I need a $10k security system, video surveillance, pack of attack dogs, alligator filled moat? Does a lock on my doors and windows not count? I mean, it takes about 3 seconds to break a window or sliding glass door, how is that more 'secure' than a car?

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I'm wondering what lengths people have to go to in order for their house to be considered 'secure' and not be labeled a 'tard? Do I need a $10k security system, video surveillance, pack of attack dogs, alligator filled moat? Does a lock on my doors and windows not count? I mean, it takes about 3 seconds to break a window or sliding glass door, how is that more 'secure' than a car?
    Sharks with frickin’ laser beams seems enough…

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast