Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Police interaction

I've had more than one police interactions in the past, and they've all ended peacefully. Do what you're told, don't get shot. It's a miracle, I know.

But there's one question that I've had with police more than once. "Do you have anything on your person or in your car that can hurt me?"

And I always think, that's reasonable, the officer is looking to protect themselves from accidental injury. From an innocent point of view, it seems reasonable.

I know that I don't have to consent to a search of my vehicle or person without probable cause. Generally I do to put the officer's mind at ease, purely in the interest of self preservation.

I know there's no duty to inform that I'm carrying. Generally, I don't lead with it. But if it comes up, I'm honest.

The part that I'm unclear about is backpack guns. I carry an ak in my backpack these days and it doesn't look out of place at all. Just a guy with a backpack, nothing special.

I assume this government is going to get worse before it gets better. Which will likely result in increased traffic stops and police interactions. And that is where I'm unclear. What is the limit of the law?

Can they confiscate my weapon in the interest of protection of themselves? Either ccw or backpack gun? What recourse is there if that happens? What is the limit of the law? And I know, the law may be excessive to what you might consider a right, but for now, it's the law.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Police interaction

They do whatever they want with impunity and you have to fight to get your stuff back. I am not being a wise guy (this time).
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    They do whatever they want with impunity and you have to fight to get your stuff back. I am not being a wise guy (this time).
    I know, from your previous interactions. I'm just trying to figure out the law as it's written, so I can fight it if it happens.

If they ask if I'm armed, I have to answer yes. Can they then disarm me when I've done nothing wrong? Aside from a tail light out?

(Chester County)

I have nothing illegal in the car officer thanks for asking.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

I hope your 'backpack AK' is a pistol, or unloaded and ammo stored 'separately.'

I've been stopped a few times for minor traffic violations. Never offer info, never asked. Now if I were asked to exit my vehicle, I would likely say I have an LTCF and 'it' is on me now, and ask the officer how he would like me to proceed.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I know, from your previous interactions. I'm just trying to figure out the law as it's written, so I can fight it if it happens.

If they ask if I'm armed, I have to answer yes. Can they then disarm me when I've done nothing wrong? Aside from a tail light out?
    Why do you have to answer yes? When it comes to your safety, officer Donut finger banging your firearms is not your friend.
    If they have p.c. to search, they won*t ask permission.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Montgomery County)

I've been stopped a few times last time mistakenly gave the cop my permit. He asked if I had my gun in my car, answered yes checked my lisncnse came back chatted for a minute took off didn't give me a speeding ticket which I even told him I was. Unless asked I would never mention my carry, frankely I'm legal so it's none of their business

(Lackawanna County)

I answered yes one time. I was stopped late at night for following too close. 🙄. The only reason I answered yes is.because I’d removed my holstered gun and set it in my center console. He could have seen it so I said I have my concealed carry. In the center console. He had me get out with my wife and kid in the car. Grabbed my gun and holster and took it back to his car where he hnholstered it unloaded it and field stripped it. All while behind me and probably not pointing it in a safe direction with an unfamiliar firearm. I got it back in pieces.

All while I’m standing outside in the cold and freezing my balls off. No ticket. No nothing.

From now on they can suck my balls. I have nothing to offer them.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post

It's legal to lie to them until it becomes an investigation. I'm generally an honest person but I have experienced first hand that they will lie to me so I have no problem lying to them. I'm not sure how I'd react if my gun was sitting out in the open and their reactions to finding out would be all over the spectrum. Overall, I feel it's best that they don't know.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Cops are not your friends. Do not give them any information you do not have to. Do not allow searches.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast