I've had more than one police interactions in the past, and they've all ended peacefully. Do what you're told, don't get shot. It's a miracle, I know.

But there's one question that I've had with police more than once. "Do you have anything on your person or in your car that can hurt me?"

And I always think, that's reasonable, the officer is looking to protect themselves from accidental injury. From an innocent point of view, it seems reasonable.

I know that I don't have to consent to a search of my vehicle or person without probable cause. Generally I do to put the officer's mind at ease, purely in the interest of self preservation.

I know there's no duty to inform that I'm carrying. Generally, I don't lead with it. But if it comes up, I'm honest.

The part that I'm unclear about is backpack guns. I carry an ak in my backpack these days and it doesn't look out of place at all. Just a guy with a backpack, nothing special.

I assume this government is going to get worse before it gets better. Which will likely result in increased traffic stops and police interactions. And that is where I'm unclear. What is the limit of the law?

Can they confiscate my weapon in the interest of protection of themselves? Either ccw or backpack gun? What recourse is there if that happens? What is the limit of the law? And I know, the law may be excessive to what you might consider a right, but for now, it's the law.