Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Oaks Show Feb 10 -12?

Let me think a bit. The show itself was ok. Didn*t buy anything great other that a 1000 lg rifle primers for 90$. Can*t find them in my neck of the woods. My stk is good but a coworker needed them. Turnpike tolls from Mechanicsburg, fuel costs, entry fee, lunch at fitzwater inn makes for a pricey day. I may start skipping one or two between going. I just don*t really need anything I can*t get online or at my favorite shops. On a side note how about the $ on garands. It*s crazy are they really selling at these prices? Saw a couple of sellers with cmp guns at 500 to a 1000 dollar mark up. You can*t tell me the buying public is that gullible.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    Let me think a bit. The show itself was ok. Didn*t buy anything great other that a 1000 lg rifle primers for 90$. Can*t find them in my neck of the woods. My stk is good but a coworker needed them. Turnpike tolls from Mechanicsburg, fuel costs, entry fee, lunch at fitzwater inn makes for a pricey day. I may start skipping one or two between going. I just don*t really need anything I can*t get online or at my favorite shops. On a side note how about the $ on garands. It*s crazy are they really selling at these prices? Saw a couple of sellers with cmp guns at 500 to a 1000 dollar mark up. You can*t tell me the buying public is that gullible.
    What makes you choose the Fitz over the Perky?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by silent*anarchy View Post
    Not always the case, My father dealt with alot of hard to get or unique mil surp items and over the last 10-15 years there was an extreme drop in interest. Thats one reson why he stopped setting up.
    Does he still have any inventory to sell?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Cumberland County)

I need educated what*s the perky? Always up for trying a new place. Generally speaking the fitz has decent food cold beer and even bathing beauties when the weather is warm. I kinda like the run down small town places.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    I need educated what*s the perky? Always up for trying a new place. Generally speaking the fitz has decent food cold beer and even bathing beauties when the weather is warm. I kinda like the run down small town places.
    The Perky is a block or a block and a half away from the Expo Center. When pulling out of the Expo Center on Station drive, take a left on the first side street then a right onto Brower Avenue. It'll be on a corner lot on the left, right up the street. I don't think you'll find the bathing beauties there but otherwise, it's a nice hole-in-the-wall that had decent food. There were days when I frequented both of the places but not at the same time. But it has been a while so I can't vouch for what they are today.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Cumberland County)

Next trip down the perky it will be. One of my favorite parts of a oaks show is hanging with my jersey relatives over food and beer. And yes I apologize I still have family in jersey most have left but there is a few stragglers.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910