Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default RR: "Gov't is not the solution to the problem, gov't is the problem"

It's taken forty years since Ronaldus Maximus spoke those words, but it looks like the stupitariet is finally figuring it out. This is no longer a government of, by and for the People but a tyrannical ever-expanding police state with deep pockets which can and does target and destroy citizens (subjects) at will. Of course, they're told to blame the Republican Congress but it's a start...

Americans think the GOVERNMENT is the nation's top problem over a slew of issues such as inflation, the southern border after the chaotic start to new Congress, new poll shows

After a series of party-line messaging bills out of the House that garnered little Democratic support and a looming debt ceiling battle, Americans cite government failure as their top concern over inflation and the border.

In a Gallup poll taken in January 2023, 21 percent of respondents named 'the government/poor leadership' as their top concern, up from 15 percent in December.

Another 15 percent ranked inflation as their top concern and 11 percent cited immigration.

Concerns about the 'economy in general' fell six points from December - from 16 percent to 10.

The poll's Jan. 2-22 field period kicked off with the chaotic 15-vote series that finally led to Kevin McCarthy winning the Speaker's gavel and rounded out with the beginning of a debt ceiling battle that could end in America' defaulting on its debt for the first time in history.

Revelations about President Biden's handling of classified documents also played out during the three-week period.

Even as concerns of government rose, Biden's approval rating, 41 percent, remained flat, as did that of Congress - 21 percent.

Government ranked as a top matter for Republicans and right-leaning Independents, 24 percent, while 18 percent of Democrats and Democrat-leaning Independents.

Meanwhile, 72 percent of respondents say the economy is getting worse while 22 percent say it is improving and 4 percent say it is staying the same.

Republicans in their first month in the majority in the House passed legislation to slash funding to the IRS, restrict abortion and curb Biden's depleting of the SPR.

It's unclear whether any of that legislation will get a Senate vote - the only legislation to get support from a swathe of Democrats was a bill to prohibit Strategic Petroleum Reserve sales to China.

Now Democrats are taking the reins on renewing failed negotiations over police reform in light of the death of Tyre Nichols, who was brutally beaten by police officers earlier this month.

The chaos over McCarthy's Speaker battle showed how a divided Republican caucus could have trouble moving forward on must-pass legislation like raising the debt ceiling.

This week the Speaker will sit down with President Biden for their first one-on-one of this Congress, where McCarthy is expected to bring up the nation's borrowing limit. Biden has insisted he won't negotiate on the debt limit and Congress must increase the amount the nation can borrow without any spending cuts.

The Treasury has already taken 'extraordinary measures' after the U.S. reached its $31.4 trillion borrowing limit weeks ago, but come June, Congress needs to either pass - and have Biden sign - legislation to allow the nation to borrow more or face serious consequences.

Experts say that a U.S. default would not only mean the U.S. government could not pay its workers - not paying debt could have reverberations around the world, triggering a global recession.

Asked whether he would make a guarantee, McCarthy told reporters 'there will not be a default.'

Sen. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer told Politico of the standoff between Republicans who want budget cuts and Democrats who want a clean borrowing raise: 'I think we'll win.'
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: RR: "Gov't is not the solution to the problem, gov't is the problem"

18% seems high for the dems.
    Probably because they still have TRUMP living in their heads.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: RR: "Gov't is not the solution to the problem, gov't is the problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Threats to our democracy!

I'm glad that eight whole percent care about the debt.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

The government has been extra crappy for the past 2 years. And people are noticing.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That's not it at all the leftists think the government doesn't do enough to take care of them and provide for all their needs. Conservatives are the exact opposite which believes there is far too much government interfering in the everyday lives of supposedly free men and women.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

huh
    they forgot secure elections
    I mean if the democrats REALLY dont want to see a repeat of the so called "Insurrection" then secure elections with auditable integrity and voter ID should be #1 on the list
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

Like all the latest polls....border question eliminated.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Like all the latest polls....border question eliminated.
    Immigration is on there.

(Bucks County)

oops...didn't recognize that. Thanks you.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

In before liberals fire back and say “see, the economy is doing great! The number of people worried about it dropped 6 points!”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast