As I mentioned a couple months back, one of my best reloading/shooting buddies passed away back in '21. Out of respect for him, I stay in touch with his wife (now 76) and help her out if she needs anything.

So last year the water heater tripped a breaker. Simple fix. During my visit she gave me a box of "Hi-Tek" .45s she found. Shiney gold color. 230Grnrs. Round nose.

I've been shooting my own cast bullets for a long time with very good results. Sizing .45s to .452 works very well in two different pistols. I prefer KISS methods. Wheel weights and range scrap, I used to lubrisize till I discovered tumble lube. Point being - I know nothing about these things.

I currently load my cast 200Gr SWCs to around 1080ft/s with CFE Pistol. Again, sized to .452. Barrel slugs at .450.

Now these Hi-Teks. They are running .4535. Shoot them? Size them? Will sizing destroy the "Hi-Tek" coating??

I found the distributor they came from. Info says: "Recommended Velocities under 2,000 fps" (That is a clip and paste). Gee, ya think?

Hodgedon has no load data for this type of bullet - nor does anyone else.

Also, one of the reasons I just cast my own - these Hi-tek wonders vary in weight by as much as 17 grains - not that many at the far ends but still! (Forgot to mention. They are 230 grain bullets - allegedly)

I know a lot of you guys play around with the powder coating process. I thought about throwing them in the pot and just re casting them, but I don't want to end up with a case of Hi-Tek lung cancer.

Any thought are appreciated.

fritz.

(I know, yes I'm out of the loop on this new ways shit. But I'm sure my old ways shit groups would impress you. )