Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Is sub2000 illegal for truck gun/ edc or go bag in PA and Phila?

Never thought about it before but considering the keltec sub2000 is a long gun, does that mean it is illegal as a truck/ car gun or bugout bag or edc bag carry gun while loaded in PA and Phila?

I know with LTCF you can carry loaded pistols and have them in your car but I thought long guns were not allowed.

Default Re: Is sub2000 illegal for truck gun/ edc or go bag in PA and Phila?

It*s my understanding that it needs to be unloaded when in a vehicle.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    It*s my understanding that it needs to be unloaded when in a vehicle.
    Thanks, some follow ups:

So does 'unloaded' mean that loaded mag needs to be stored in a separate location from sub2000 - like trunk vs glove box? Does the loaded magazine need to be in a locked container then as well?

Does this apply to bags too then? If so what separation meets the criteria of 'unloaded?

(Philadelphia County)

so I found this which answers all of the questions...

https://blog.princelaw.com/2014/02/1...ian-trunk-gun/

the short answer is that the sub2000 is indeed illegal as a bag gun and illegal as a truck or trunk gun when the magazine is in the firearm and even if the magazine is outside the firearm but stored in the same 'container'

It states, "the term shall mean a magazine suitable for use in said firearm which magazine contains such ammunition and has been inserted in the firearm or is in the same container or, where the container has multiple compartments, the same compartment thereof as the firearm. If the magazine is inserted into a pouch, holder, holster or other protective device that provides for a complete and secure enclosure of the ammunition, then the pouch, holder, holster or other protective device shall be deemed to be a separate compartment."

'As can be seen in the language of the Uniform Firearms Act, if a loaded magazine is secured in a separate pouch than the firearm would not be considered loaded.' <--- very important for bags i would imagine.

Wow, so the sub2000 is essentially useless for what 90% of people buy it for, that sucks.

(Chester County)

As a person that has had a hunting license since 1980 I never understood the notion of someone in PA calling a rifle or shotgun a "truck or trunk gun". Carrying a loaded rifle or shotgun in a motor vehicle including, four by fours, side by sides, motorcycles, motor scooters (Free),pick up trucks, Priuses or Yugo's has been illegal since I got my first license. Now with the shotguns made by Mossberg (Shockwave) and Remington (Tac 13/14) that are classified "firearm" for me more information is required. I don't own either one so I have never bothered to research the legality of carrying one of those loaded in a vehicle but I'm sure someone on this forum knows.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

God invented the AR15 pistol for your intended purpose.
    Then Satan came along and said all sorts of confusing stuff about registering them with the fedz and whatnot...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Then Satan came along and said all sorts of confusing stuff about registering them with the fedz and whatnot...
    Yep. Build a pistol, put a 15" barrel on it. Bob's your auntie.

Smooth bore "firearm others" are good to go too.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

or simply choose a semi auto pistol you like, get a ltcf and job done...
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

"Eugene Morrison Stoner (November 22, 1922 * April 24, 1997) was an American firearms designer who is most associated with the development of the ArmaLite AR-15 rifle that was redesigned and modified by Colt's Patent Firearm Company (now known as Colt's Manufacturing Company"

God will be needed to pass the pistol brace..

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    ...Wow, so the sub2000 is essentially useless for what 90% of people buy it for, that sucks.
    I thought people bought it as a truck/trunk gun because it's cheap, uses common pistol mags, and is compact/concealable when folded? Plus it only takes a few seconds to load it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast