Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
Deep pockets or not, any intelligent business model will scrutinize cost vs return and react accordingly. I'd love to hear what it costs one of them to have a display with five vehicles in it.
Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
its not just Philly thats had the issue. lot of manufacturers have been bailing on auto shows in the last couple of years. in the case of the really high end cars, its local dealers that provided the cars not the manufacturer like Ferrari.
Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
What business in their right mind would take expensive cars or other equipment to the lawless streets of Philadelphia. What employee would go? The Auto Show company needs to move the show to Oaks where there is parking and no need for metal detectors because everyone is carrying. I went to the model train show two weeks ago and there no metal detectors. As I discussed with a friend I go fishing with and the other boomer things we do there is no reason for us to go to Philly for anything anymore, Car Show, Flower Show, Christmas Village, Thanksgiving Dinner at City Tavern, Stolen Art from the Barnes Foundation, Engine 60,000 at the Franklin Institute, nothing.
The Pennsylvania Auto Show at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg was also this past weekend. According to their exhibitor list, they had all the manufacturers that were at Philly AND all of the ones that were missing. Didn't realize it until after we'd already gone to the Philly Show. Haven't been the to PA show in probably 10 years because the Philly show always had more cars. Guess that's not the case any longer; or at least for now.