Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default I Need To Step Up My Target Game

Title says it all. What Good is it going to the range if you can’t see what you’re shooting at? I was zeroing in a pistol sat. I’m just using the standard seven or 8 inch round splatter burst target. Yeah that’s great. I can see it fine however what do I need to put up four or five at a time to really maximize my range time instead of constantly going down and covering up the holes after three or four shots? That gets pricey too, and I’m not trying to be a cheapskate, but realistically. I see those 12 x 18 silhouette targets. They look good however do you all have any recommendations on anything to keep the cost low but to be able to get that instant feedback? And yes I know I can use a paper plate, but you still can’t see that.

I just realized how frustrating it was because I felt like I was not maximizing my time and just wasting ammo because I couldn’t see after three or four rounds were the next one was hitting because there were too many holes. Please don’t laugh, this is a serious question. It was very frustrating and I’m wondering what you all do because I feel like I am not the only one with this problem.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: I Need To Step Up My Target Game

I got a good deal on the official ATF training targets a while back, so that's what I use.

(Montgomery County)

If i want to maximize a target, I don't just shoot at the bull's eye. I put a circle in each corner the size of the bull's eye and shoot at each. I can estimate the 10/9/8 etc rings on my own. This way I have 5 targets in one. Or you could just buy targets that are designed this way, but I have free targets from Target World.

(Erie County)

Buy some bright colored construction paper, paint it black and cover it with clear packing tape. Home made splatter targets for a few bucks and a bit of your time.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Allegheny County)

https://flic.kr/p/2od3YqR
    I put 6 or 8 targets on backer cardboard.

You can either transfer those hits to a blank
    Target or have multiple backers with targets already stapled on
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Monroe County)

Use this when shooting and dryfire.
    https://mantisx.com/products/mantis-x10-elite
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    What Good is it going to the range if you can*t see what you*re shooting at?
    What's "downrange" for you... 10, 15, 25 yards?

I can still score consistent hits in a 8" circle at 25 yards with my glasses on, although I realize it will get worse as I age.

(Bucks County)

For close range figure out how to print a one inch black circle in the center of a paper and print a bunch out. Then staple as many as you can to the backer at the range and shoot a mag at each. Unless you are rapid firing you should be able to hit a 9x11 piece of paper but just to make sure staple them touching each other so you can see if one got away. For longer distances print out a 1/2 or 2 inch dot. Concentrating on a small target will improve your shooting anyway.

I made a bunch of targets years ago and I even put a checkered one inch grid behind the dot so you can measure your group with out a ruler. Unfortunately they are saved as a PDF so I don't know out how to post them here.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    For close range figure out how to print a one inch black circle in the center of a paper and print a bunch out. Then staple as many as you can to the backer at the range and shoot a mag at each. Unless you are rapid firing you should be able to hit a 9x11 piece of paper but just to make sure staple them touching each other so you can see if one got away. For longer distances print out a 1/2 or 2 inch dot. Concentrating on a small target will improve your shooting anyway.

I made a bunch of targets years ago and I even put a checkered one inch grid behind the dot so you can measure your group with out a ruler. Unfortunately they are saved as a PDF so I don't know out how to post them here.
    I think you emailed me some. If you go to advanced:manage attachments:add files in the box where all your pictures are piling up. You should be able to add a PDF. Let's see if this works. I think you sent me these.

Targets.pdf
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Targetz.com

Has a large amount of free target types.

Some with 1 inch grid some without.

I printed some as my printer ink was running low and got very light background grid.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast