Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Alert for anyone with a Pennsylvania LLC

Pa used to be very LLC-friendly. No minimum annual tax unless you made money. No annual reports, just a decennial report once every 10 years. The govt left you alone. Been that way for around 25 years.

Governor Wolf changed that on his way out last year.

There is now an ANNUAL report required for everyone who has a PA LLC.

Anyone who has a PA LLC that I helped them set up, look over this link, contact me if you need help.

I tell everyone with a new LLC to make sure that the govt has your current mailing address, so you get any notices. They're supposed to send you reminders that the annual report is now due, so if you did your job, and they do theirs, you'll get that notice that you have to file.

Not everyone remembers to notify the state when they move. And the state may not be so great at mailing reminders, as anyone whose LTCF expired without a sheriff's reminder can attest.

If you don't send them the pointless form every year, your LLC can be dissolved, and if it owns NFA firearms, they will no longer be registered to anybody. That would be a VERY BAD THING.

Spread the word, this is a change that can hurt you.

https://www.dos.pa.gov/BusinessChari...ing%20entities.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Alert for anyone with a Pennsylvania LLC

I formed an LLC for a forklift attachment I invented that went nowhere. I haven't done anything with any part of it in several years and I don't even know the status of my LLC. What can I expect?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I formed an LLC for a forklift attachment I invented that went nowhere. I haven't done anything with any part of it in several years and I don't even know the status of my LLC. What can I expect?
    You can look it up on their website.
    https://file.dos.pa.gov/search/business
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

I'm a s corp. I guess LLC is just like s corp now.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Pa used to be very LLC-friendly. No minimum annual tax unless you made money. No annual reports, just a decennial report once every 10 years. The govt left you alone. Been that way for around 25 years.

Anyone who has a PA LLC that I helped them set up, look over this link, contact me if you need help.

I tell everyone with a new LLC to make sure that the govt has your current mailing address, so you get any notices. They're supposed to send you reminders that the annual report is now due, so if you did your job, and they do theirs, you'll get that notice that you have to file.

Not everyone remembers to notify the state when they move. And the state may not be so great at mailing reminders, as anyone whose LTCF expired without a sheriff's reminder can attest.

If you don't send them the pointless form every year, your LLC can be dissolved, and if it owns NFA firearms, they will no longer be registered to anybody. That would be a VERY BAD THING.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have an active LLC and will have to file. I just did the decennial again last year. I'll make sure to put it on my calendar.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

thanks Phil!!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Northampton County)

Good to know.
    You're a sanctimonious hypocrite of a bible-spouting blackmailer !

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the heads up. Government is stupid.

(York County)

From Phil's link:

The new annual reporting requirement is a significant change for Pennsylvania. Therefore, Act 122 requires that the Department provide entities with a three-year transition period before imposing any dissolution/termination/cancellation for failure to file annual reports. Beginning in 2027, entities that fail to file annual reports will be subject to administrative dissolution/termination/cancellation. Should a domestic filing entity discover that it has failed to make a required annual report and has been dissolved or terminated, it has the opportunity for reinstatement, with no limitation on the period of time for such reinstatement. Such reinstatement must be accompanied by the application for reinstatement fee and a fee for each delinquent annual report that was not previously paid.

There are many small business LLC's and if they don't get the notice or mistake it for the previous requirement then these fees could add up to quite a bit.

Also doesn't mention if you can file a report after the deadline and still be "ok".