Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: January of 2023 is almost over and hundreds more bamboozled out of 2A rights

Who is trip trap trip trap trippin across my bridge?!
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(York County)

Default Re: January of 2023 is almost over and hundreds more bamboozled out of 2A rights

What I got from this is some dude was given 2 lawyer recommendations with lots of accolades.... he hmthen opted to go with a 3rd lawyer who didn't come as highly recommended, and somehow the rest of us are responsible for his choices

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    What I got from this is some dude was given 2 lawyer recommendations with lots of accolades.... he hmthen opted to go with a 3rd lawyer who didn't come as highly recommended, and somehow the rest of us are responsible for his choices
    His whole approach is off base and even juvenile, if you ask me. Had he come in with a story like mine, we could had a reasonable discussion regarding our experiences, which could help others in the future. There have been previous users here who have been issued denials and none of them used his approach.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Elk County)

First of all, to Johnny: Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    For reference, bold text mine:

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_165 View Post
    Denial REVERSED!

My 2cent:

Lawyers representing patriots wanting to purchase a firearm, listen to what they are saying.
    There is no database of people with old convictions. Lawyers, stop lying.
    There is one way, and only one way, to take away a person's 2A. That is by a judge and the person must be made aware of it at the time of either conviction or no contest plea. P.E.R.I.O.D. (I still think if you have done your time, your rights to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED 2A)

Props to State Police for using what has been handed to them and came to correct conclusion.

In summary: Lawyers, start focusing on 2A violations and go after them with lawsuits, and lots of them. There are millions of patriots who will stand by your side. Any lawyer who makes you feel like a criminal... immediately hang up the phone!

The way I take it (which might be incorrect, I admit) Johnny didn't use an attorney after asking here and speaking to at least attorney to whom he was referred by members here. It is my impression that Johnny somehow got the PSP to "correct" his type of charge so that it was no longer prohibitive, which allowed PICS to reverse the denial. This, somehow despite there being "no database of people with old convictions" and "no court records existing" from his plea bargain / conviction. OR, he simply filled out the challenge form and stated that his charge was incorrect, and should have been (XYZ), and somehow that satisfied PICS.

What I learned form the two threads: Don't commit assault.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

I know for a fact that there is a database of people with old convictions....publicly accessible on the internet for all to see. I've looked myself up in it!

On a positive note, my newest entry in that database is decades old, so that's nice (;

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    First of all, to Johnny: Good for you.

For reference, bold text mine:

The way I take it (which might be incorrect, I admit) Johnny didn't use an attorney after asking here and speaking to at least attorney to whom he was referred by members here. It is my impression that Johnny somehow got the PSP to "correct" his type of charge so that it was no longer prohibitive, which allowed PICS to reverse the denial. This, somehow despite there being "no database of people with old convictions" and "no court records existing" from his plea bargain / conviction. OR, he simply filled out the challenge form and stated that his charge was incorrect, and should have been (XYZ), and somehow that satisfied PICS.

What I learned form the two threads: Don't commit assault.

Noah
    I spoke with my original attorney, no help except to say maybe they misclassified.
    I talked to three (3) attorneys who all said you are prohibited and after careful review of the very well articulated police report, YOU ARE GUILTY.
    I talked to a fourth attorney who wanted to find court documents that I knew didn't exist, but at least he was more of, how shall I say... the process is bullshit and it has numerous constitutional violations to it. I said thank you, I don't care the outcome, I wanted you to admit it. That was Prince.
    It was that same very day I checked my mail and got the letter from SP... you are not prohibited.

See, here is the thing. There is a chaotic database that may exist for people who cannot purchase, but it is that, chaotic. There is a very real OPERATOR for the SP that reviews a background check and makes a personal decision. That decision is not reviewed, at first, and is most certainly violating rights of many.

They will deny, or delay, based on summary offences or offences that have NOTHING to do with domestic assault conviction or felony convictions. In fact, if you have ever been CHARGED with a felony they will deny you via PICS.

HOW MANY DENIED ACTUALLY FIGHT IT? Then what, are they put into that magical database these attorney's like to talk so highly of? Then what, you have to file for forgiveness with our illegitimate governor(s) and pay said attorney over 10K? That is the marriage you were not asking for!!

All attorney's except for Prince told me only 1 way, try to explain to SP that you didn't lie on your application and hope you don't get arrested. One attorney pissed me off to all hell... making statements like "are you an attorney" "did you get arrested?" "you are lucky you didn't get arrested yet" "you are most certainly in a database" "state police have all the information and don't make mistakes". This attorney, if you read closely, you can find. Heads up, don't ever hire him!

To the others that believe something "good" can happen. Oh yeah, something good can happen. But it requires a complete reset on how you believe 2A rights can be best preserved. *hint, it's not listening to attorney's!

In conclusion, I listened to all attorney's carefully. There was one that said to outline charges in an effort to not be prosecuted for a felony in the future. I outlined my charges, and I added my 2 and 3 cents to it and even cited a similar case, with similar charges.

I ignored the advice to only include information that would suggest I didn't "lie". I included information that suggested with most certainty I did not lie, but I was ALSO NOT PROHIBITED. That is why I kept calling attorney's, because I knew I wasn't but they all seemed lock step in the pardon route... aka 4 year marriage costing over 10K.

See, here is the thing. There is a chaotic database that may exist for people who cannot purchase, but it is that, chaotic. There is a very real OPERATOR for the SP that reviews a background check and makes a personal decision. That decision is not reviewed, at first, and is most certainly violating rights of many.

To the others that believe something "good" can happen. Oh yeah, something good can happen. But it requires a complete reset on how you believe 2A rights can be best preserved. *hint, it's not listening to attorney's!

They will deny, or delay, based on summary offences or offences that have NOTHING to do with domestic assault conviction or felony convictions. In fact, if you have ever been CHARGED with a felony they will deny you via PICS.
    If the information you're relaying is accurate, your beef, as I said in the other thread, is with the bonehead at the PSP who doesn't really understand what you were convicted of/plead guilty to, and threw you in the prohibited persons pile because he/she wanted to get back to playing Candy Crush. Your main beef should not be with the attorneys, the people trying to help you (except for the rude one).

Instead of crap-talking attorneys, why don't you take a few days to do some introspection. Why don't you behave a little more calmly and look at your own words and actions? I believe, if I'm not mistaken, you put something in the last thread (and subsequently deleted) about "crooked cops" in relation to your initial charges. So we've got "crooked cops" and "lying lawyers" who are all in "lock step." But you're not responsible at all for the situation you found yourself in, and it's always the other guy's fault and everyone's out to get you

You remind me a lot of me when I was younger. I thought I knew everything. And yeah, there were a few people who screwed me over. But I also realized the way I was handling it and my general attitude and behavior were getting me nowhere.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    If the information you're relaying is accurate, your beef, as I said in the other thread, is with the bonehead at the PSP who doesn't really understand what you were convicted of/plead guilty to, and threw you in the prohibited persons pile because he/she wanted to get back to playing Candy Crush. Your main beef should not be with the attorneys, the people trying to help you (except for the rude one).

Instead of crap-talking attorneys, why don't you take a few days to do some introspection. Why don't you behave a little more calmly and look at your own words and actions? I believe, if I'm not mistaken, you put something in the last thread (and subsequently deleted) about "crooked cops" in relation to your initial charges. So we've got "crooked cops" and "lying lawyers" who are all in "lock step." But you're not responsible at all for the situation you found yourself in, and it's always the other guy's fault and everyone's out to get you

You remind me a lot of me when I was younger. I thought I knew everything. And yeah, there were a few people who screwed me over. But I also realized the way I was handling it and my general attitude and behavior were getting me nowhere.
    Crooked cop to the core. I'm sure the guy who spent 10 years in jail for planted cocaine, the guy who was side swiped on his feet hitting his head, and the guy who worked with crooked cop who was under investigation for missing drugs would disagree with you. He is a crooked cop and I'm disgusted he was in my house. He's the type of guy that other people would be better off without. Maybe that was the reason for reversal... I'm surprised no attorney's wanted to hear about the guy who spent 10 years in jail for likely drugs planted in his car. Oh well, I'm sure the experts have it handled.

Speaking of experts...

No attorney seems to want to talk about CHARGES being the reason a person is denied 2A. Not current charges, charges that could have happened 40 years ago charges.

charged_with.jpg

Crooked cop to the core. I'm sure the guy who spent 10 years in jail for planted cocaine, the guy who was side swiped on his feet hitting his head, and the guy who worked with crooked cop who was under investigation for missing drugs would disagree with you. He is a crooked cop and I'm disgusted he was in my house. He's the type of guy that other people would be better off without. Maybe that was the reason for reversal... I'm surprised no attorney's wanted to hear about the guy who spent 10 years in jail for likely drugs planted in his car. Oh well, I'm sure the experts have it handled.

Speaking of experts...

No attorney seems to want to talk about CHARGES being the reason a person is denied 2A. Not current charges, charges that could have happened 40 years ago charges.
    You have any proof the guy was a crooked cop? Like a news article? Was he ever charged? Or is that just what the guy who got busted with the coke said?

Again, you're going after attorneys. I could be wrong, but the "charged with" refers to people currently "charged with." Again, somebody at PSP blatantly eff-ed up. That's where your frustration should be directed at.

Edit: I have/had a friend (we've grown apart) whose ex filed a PFA against him. Sheriffs banged on his door, took all his guns. Judge dismissed the PFA. Sheriff gave him all his guns back. His background checks used to go through instantaneously. Ever since the PFA issue, even though it was dismissed, his background checks are "delayed," usually for a day or two. Every single one he's gotten done since. So the old, dismissed PFA is showing up somewhere in the system...
    Last edited by ShadeRabbit; January 25th, 2023 at 01:47 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    You have any proof the guy was a crooked cop? Like a news article? Was he ever charged? Or is that just what the guy who got busted with the coke said?

Again, you're going after attorneys. I could be wrong, but the "charged with" refers to people currently "charged with." Again, somebody at PSP blatantly eff-ed up. That's where your frustration should be directed at.

Edit: I have/had a friend (we've grown apart) whose ex filed a PFA against him. Sheriffs banged on his door, took all his guns. Judge dismissed the PFA. Sheriff gave him all his guns back. His background checks used to go through instantaneously. Ever since the PFA issue, even though it was dismissed, his background checks are "delayed," usually for a day or two. Every single one he's gotten done since. So the old, dismissed PFA is showing up somewhere in the system...
    I only checked online after my denial and learned, again, about dick head. I've never seen so much information available through google lens about this guy.

Regarding PICS, and CHARGES... their own paperwork speaks for itself. THEY WILL DENY YOU PURCHASE IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN CHARGED WITH A FELONY.

P.E.R.I.O.D.

Hope that clears it up bc I know a lot of hoop laws believe nothing like that exists... even though it does

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast