Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: What do I need to do to build an AR pistol on existing or new stripped receiver?

I'm going to be a contrarian. Personally I would feel just fine building a pistol MINUS a brace.

Use a "Pistol buffer tube"
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: What do I need to do to build an AR pistol on existing or new stripped receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm going to be a contrarian. Personally I would feel just fine building a pistol MINUS a brace.

I wanted very badly to suggest that, but with how unclear everything is right now, I just don't feel confident that nothing has changed in that regard.
    I HOPE not, and I'm not 100% convinced that the people saying "a buffer tube makes it a SBR" are correct, but this is an aerea where you can't avoid jail time by being 90% legal.
    Gonna have to see what's legal and what's not.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I wanted very badly to suggest that, but with how unclear everything is right now, I just don't feel confident that nothing has changed in that regard.
    I HOPE not, and I'm not 100% convinced that the people saying "a buffer tube makes it a SBR" are correct, but this is an aerea where you can't avoid jail time by being 90% legal.
    Yeah, I get that. Nothing wrong with being cautious. We all have to reach our own conclusions.

Here is where I am at: The ATF wants braces gone. They fucked up from the get go and they are trying to put the genie back in the bottle. A tax waiver is the least they can do. At some point maybe the courts stick it up their ass, but I think they have a better chance of prevailing against braces than I thought they did against bumpstocks.

This bullshit about 88 days for background checks and 922r compliance, I'm beginning to believe are scare tactics being pushed by our side to help generate revenue. I'm already contributing & happy to continue, so I would appreciate it if they would stop bullshitting me.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post

Page 106-107

"In contrast, material on a firearm that extends the rear surface area of the firearm toward the shooter but is required for the cycle of operations, such as an AR type pistol with a standard 6 to 6-1/2 inch buffer tube, may be an indicator that the firearm is not be designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder."

Problem is, measure a "pistol" buffer tube. OAL on most is a CH over 7 inches. Found shorter ones, but they all have grooves of some sort for some sort of brace. Was this the ATF sloppily estimating the length of a "pistol" buffer tube, or was it intentional?
    Last edited by ShadeRabbit; January 24th, 2023 at 11:49 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Page 106-107

"In contrast, material on a firearm that extends the rear surface area of the firearm toward the shooter but is required for the cycle of operations, such as an AR type pistol with a standard 6 to 6-1/2 inch buffer tube, may be an indicator that the firearm is not be designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder."

Problem is, measure a "pistol" buffer tube. OAL on most is a CH over 7 inches. Found shorter ones, but they all have grooves of some sort for some sort of brace. Was this the ATF sloppily estimating the length of a "pistol" buffer tube, or was it intentional?
    my guess would be intentional. i have pistol buffer tubes that are 9" long and they cant accept a brace but it seems they would be illegal.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Page 106-107

I guessing a woman wrote that They never know what 7-8 inches looks like.

eta: just found my tape measure. looks like mine is 7 exactly

(Bucks County)

A tax stamp.

Maybe.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Chester County)

This thread is a perfect example of how the feds are going to FUCK innocent gun owners up the ass with a freight train.
    SO many people are going to have NO IDEA that they are felons - until they are told why they can only speak to their families on a telephone, while separated by plexiglass.
    I'm a firm believer that those people making up their own laws are the ones that need to be speaking to their families on a phone from behind plexiglass dividers.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I'm a firm believer that those people making up their own laws are the ones that need to be speaking to their families on a phone from behind plexiglass dividers.
    I think that their families should be visiting their graves on holiday.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Fayette County)

Any guesses on when this finally plays out? The court challenges are likely the key timeframe, but with the already existing caseload I really wonder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12