Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default GMA3 reporting on Monterey Shooting

Should come as no surprise to anyone - but decided to post it anyway to further highlight the kind of evil we are up against. So I stopped home during lunch today, and my parents were channel surfing and they landed on ABC GMA3 and they were reporting on the Monterey shooting. I told them to stop so I could see how biased the coverage was. Evidently, since the shooter used a pistol, instead of a AR-15, the news caster decided to say the shooter used a 9mm "Assault" pistol, and since they couldn't claim it was "white supremacy / bigotry" they brought in a Medical expert to explain the the social effects of mass shootings - and low and behold in the top right corner of the graphic listing the effects, was a picture of a white male, in a white shirt and tie pointing an AR at the tv viewers - guess they had to get that white shooter reference in somewhere. Infuriating. link to video below:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/GMA3/vide...oting-96614077
    Last edited by prospero1919; January 24th, 2023 at 12:51 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: GMA3 reporting on Monterey Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by prospero1919 View Post
    Should come as no surprise to anyone - but decided to post it anyway to further highlight the kind of evil we are up against. So I stopped home during lunch today, and my parents were channel surfing and they landed on ABC GMA3 and they were reporting on the Monterey shooting. I told them to stop so I could see how biased the coverage was. Evidently, since the shooter used a pistol, instead of a AR-15, the news caster decided to say the shooter used a 9mm "Assault" pistol, and since they couldn't claim it was "white supremacy / bigotry" they brought in a Medical expert to explain the the social effects of mass shootings - and low and behold in the top right corner of the graphic listing the effects, was a picture of a white male, in a white shirt and tie pointing an AR at the tv viewers - guess they had to get that white shooter reference in somewhere. Infuriating. It was on at noon - so till too early for it to be posted on their websites - will try to find and link it. If you find it before me - feel free to add to the thread.
    langley outdoors point out that the new attack on guns is the assault pistol.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by prospero1919 View Post
    Should come as no surprise to anyone - but decided to post it anyway to further highlight the kind of evil we are up against. So I stopped home during lunch today, and my parents were channel surfing and they landed on ABC GMA3 and they were reporting on the Monterey shooting. I told them to stop so I could see how biased the coverage was. Evidently, since the shooter used a pistol, instead of a AR-15, the news caster decided to say the shooter used a 9mm "Assault" pistol, and since they couldn't claim it was "white supremacy / bigotry" they brought in a Medical expert to explain the the social effects of mass shootings - and low and behold in the top right corner of the graphic listing the effects, was a picture of a white male, in a white shirt and tie pointing an AR at the tv viewers - guess they had to get that white shooter reference in somewhere. Infuriating. It was on at noon - so till too early for it to be posted on their websites - will try to find and link it. If you find it before me - feel free to add to the thread.
    If it were a black shooter and nobody pointed out that it was a black shooter, you people would be crying foul all over the place, especially that one poster that seems to post nothing else...can't remember his name. Shooter something or another I think.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    If it were a black shooter and nobody pointed out that it was a black shooter, you people would be crying foul all over the place, especially that one poster that seems to post nothing else...can't remember his name. Shooter something or another I think.
    But the shooter wasn't white, he was Asian, so the picture should have been an Asian guy holding a pistol to reflect the actual incident.

(Allegheny County)

WHAT shooting?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Already being discussed here - https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=394208

(Bucks County)

I think what disturbed me more was the shirt and tie on the shooter in the photo - it was like the inside/outside sales middle class white guy just picking up his free Wawa coffee is gonna kill you for sure. Very insidious.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    But the shooter wasn't white, he was Asian, so the picture should have been an Asian guy holding a pistol to reflect the actual incident.
    Sadly, this information was left out of the post I responded to.

Thanks for clarifying the complaint.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    WHAT shooting?
    I think some people somewhere got shot near a Manta Ray.

Someone shot rachel ray?
    FJB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast