Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: I Need To Step Up My Target Game

https://shop.actiontarget.com/conten...ing-target.asp. This is the one I use, and there are quite a few other options like it. I'll put 3-5 shots on a number then move to the next, then use the A and B boxes, or maybe one shot in each in a circuit. When I'm testing rifle loads I put a 5 shot group on each after using the center to get zero.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I think you emailed me some. If you go to advanced:manage attachments:add files in the box where all your pictures are piling up. You should be able to add a PDF. Let's see if this works. I think you sent me these.

Attachment 163720

Those are the targets I made. I will see if I have anything new and will try and post them.

If anyone prints them out set the printer to actual size (or something like that) so it doesn't give the page a border. The grid should be one inch.

The square targets are for scopes. Aim at the big square and if your sighting in at 100 yards for hunting I believe the first notch above it is at +1 1/2 inches so I set my hunting rifles to hit there. The two inch target is for 200 yards. Its twice as big but should look the same size as the small one at 100 thru your scope.

The larger circle was from the good old days when you could go to the work copier, look both ways and print out a quick 25. Now we have to log in before printing and they monitor everything so thats out. No clue how much toner it will take at home.

(Bucks County)

Found another target. Two smaller dots for close range with grid. I put these up when the range is crowded and great for rifles.

Attachment 163723
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Chester County)

Binoculars?
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Montgomery County)

I print my own and use splatterbursts as supplements

(Chester County)

I've used this for years for the 25+ yard ranges. Fits in your shirt or pants pocket or lay it on the bench. A long time ago when there were pay phones a friend of mine's brother collected the coins for Bell Atlantic out of pay phones and I recommended one of these so he could see the numbers on the phone before he got out of the vehicle because some of the phones were in pretty bad locations. He didn't like getting out of the unmarked van and walk up to the phone to find out it wasn't one of his and it was a dangerous location. I have a Simmons monocular but Tasco will do the job just fine for about $20.

https://www.amazon.com/TASCO-568125B...75&sr=1-4&th=1

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I've used this for years for the 25+ yard ranges. Fits in your shirt or pants pocket or lay it on the bench. A long time ago when there were pay phones a friend of mine's brother collected the coins for Bell Atlantic out of pay phones and I recommended one of these so he could see the numbers on the phone before he got out of the vehicle because some of the phones were in pretty bad locations. He didn't like getting out of the unmarked van and walk up to the phone to find out it wasn't one of his and it was a dangerous location. I have a Simmons monocular but Tasco will do the job just fine for about $20.

I used one of these for my Caldwell chronograph to read the velocities from 10 or 15 yards away. It should work decently to 25 as JG said.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Those are the targets I made. I will see if I have anything new and will try and post them.

If anyone prints them out set the printer to actual size (or something like that) so it doesn't give the page a border. The grid should be one inch.

The square targets are for scopes. Aim at the big square and if your sighting in at 100 yards for hunting I believe the first notch above it is at +1 1/2 inches so I set my hunting rifles to hit there. The two inch target is for 200 yards. Its twice as big but should look the same size as the small one at 100 thru your scope.

The larger circle was from the good old days when you could go to the work copier, look both ways and print out a quick 25. Now we have to log in before printing and they monitor everything so that's out. No clue how much toner it will take at home.
    To understand, you aim at the middle and adjust so you hit 1 1/2" high? Or do you aim at the 1 1/2" higher and adjust so it hits bullseye? That would make more sense in my head because of drop.

Where do you set for the 200yd target which I assume you are shooting at at 200yards with same strategy?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post

Got one now. ;-)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    What's "downrange" for you... 10, 15, 25 yards?

I can still score consistent hits in a 8" circle at 25 yards with my glasses on, although I realize it will get worse as I age.
    My main point was finding larger targets so that I could shoot at a lot of different places and not have to go downrange all the time. I was combining that with what targets do you all use to accomplish that and are any using splatterburst. I just see a lot of larger targets people use but maybe they are rich lol as I don't want to sped $1 per target so to speak.

For handgun I'm out to 25 yards.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast