Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Better M16 Trigger for 9MM PCC

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better M16(AR Full Auto) trigger for use with 9mm upper? Both the Geissele SSF and the POF-USA drop in assembly I've found state they are not rated for 9mm PCC use. 9mm Blowback uppers do put more stress on the internals so that is somewhat understandable. The stock GI triggers well are not so great. I've been working on my Norrell converted AR with a 9mm upper to use in SubGun competitions and trying to find a better trigger assembly than the stock trigger components that came with i

(Washington County)

Default Re: Better M16 Trigger for 9MM PCC

Just use the triggers and replace them when or if they break. That's what most people do. The manufacturer's just don't want to be replacing them under warranty. They will probably hold up ok.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Better M16 Trigger for 9MM PCC

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Just use the triggers and replace them when or if they break. That's what most people do. The manufacturer's just don't want to be replacing them under warranty. They will probably hold up ok.
    That is what I've been thinking about doing, but was hoping maybe someone had actual experience with one of those two, or another suggestion. The POF-USA one isn't terrible at about $190 if it doesn't last, but the Geissele is $400. If they are going to break immediately, that is not an insignificant amount of wasted money. If they lasted several thousand rounds, not so bad. Also would probably need to buy two in case one breaks during a match, making the cost to just see a bit much.