Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: 😒 10 people killed, 10 injured in mass shooting at Monterey Park dance studio

72 years old. WTF? Didn't like the young'ns dancing?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 😒 10 people killed, 10 injured in mass shooting at Monterey Park dance studio

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    If the suspect was reported to have fled in a white van, what color van should the police focus on ?

Or is stopping only white vans racist or something ?
    Channeling dear departed Deanimator: "grey pickup trucks driven by hispanic newspaper delivery chicks?"
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

If the suspect was reported to have fled in a white van, what color van should the police focus on ?

Or is stopping only white vans racist or something ?
    He didn't flee. He was dead in the front seat the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    72 years old. WTF? Didn't like the young'ns dancing?
    Who the hell knows? Maybe he didn't take his Aricept yesterday.

Shooter's name was Huu Can Tran, which sounds more Vietnamese to me than Chinese*. I've seen a lot of things online that Monterey Park is mostly Chinese. Maybe he had a score to settle. Pure speculation on my part.

*Edit: Just saw an article that quoted his ex-wife said shooter was in fact Chinese.
    Last edited by ShadeRabbit; January 23rd, 2023 at 12:17 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    He didn't flee. He was dead in the front seat the whole time.
    Not according to the updated article in the OP. And he did flee since the van was in Torrance after the suspect ran away from a 2nd place he went to to kill more people before being disarmed.

"At 10:20 a.m. Sunday, police located the white cargo van that was seen leaving the scene of the shooting near Sepulveda and Hawthorne boulevards in Torrance, Luna said. When officers left their patrol vehicle to make contact with the van occupant, they heard one gunshot come from the van."

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Fifth mass shooting in a month. Cali should pass some strong gun control to curb that.
    SigGendered

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Channeling dear departed Deanimator: "grey pickup trucks driven by hispanic newspaper delivery chicks?"
    LOL. I was going to mention that. I believe it was a blue pickup they were in though. May be wrong.

But my point still stands. You focus on the description you have.

I couldn't make this stuff up (although CNN has no difficulty doing so)

Sheriff says weapon seized from gunman at 2nd location is "assault handgun" that may be illegal in California

The gun wrestled away from the suspected Monterey Park shooter at a second location Saturday night is a Cobray M11 9mm semi-automatic, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of the case.

At a news conference Sunday evening, Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna described the gun as a "magazine-fed, semiautomatic assault pistol" with an extended, large-capacity magazine.

This style of firearm is designed to take 30-round magazines that allow for rapid fire without having to frequently change magazines

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/los...023/index.html

(Lancaster County)

LOL. I was going to mention that. I believe it was a blue pickup they were in though. May be wrong.

But my point still stands. You focus on the description you have.
    If you can't find the one you want
    You shoot the one you have
    You shoot the one you have.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    I couldn't make this stuff up (although CNN has no difficulty doing so)

Sheriff says weapon seized from gunman at 2nd location is "assault handgun" that may be illegal in California

The gun wrestled away from the suspected Monterey Park shooter at a second location Saturday night is a Cobray M11 9mm semi-automatic, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of the case.

At a news conference Sunday evening, Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna described the gun as a "magazine-fed, semiautomatic assault pistol" with an extended, large-capacity magazine.

This style of firearm is designed to take 30-round magazines that allow for rapid fire without having to frequently change magazines

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/los...023/index.html
    If only the citizens were able to defend themselves somehow. Maybe with a gun? Because the shooter clearly was not concerned with the law.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast