Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 🐕If you live in Jessup, here's how you can get some free dog food

🐶 Newswatch 16's Courtney Harrison explains where the food came from and how folks with some four-legged friends were thankful for the extra chow.

JESSUP, Pa. — Borough officials in one Lackawanna County community are giving away free dog food.

Pallets of dog food are stacked outside the Jessup borough building. Borough council members announced the freebies in a Facebook post, saying borough residents are welcome to come and get one bag for free during two four-hour periods Friday and Saturday until the food is gone.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...c-728103491c13

Default Re: 🐕If you live in Jessup, here's how you can get some free dog food

Blue buffalo is a no no on my vets list of dog foods not to give your dog.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, people enduring hardship should demand an ultra-premium-premium brand be given to them for free.

Irony - I just got email notice of upcoming Auto-ship of dog food from Chewy and I'm going to have to cancel it because we just spent $700 on dental work at the vet and I can't afford the 4 large bags of food set to ship out. We still have a few bags of food, but I'll just get a single bag when the time comes.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Blue buffalo is a no no on my vets list of dog foods not to give your dog.
    Because why?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Because why?
    ....yeah,what's the deal with BB? I don't buy the brand for my dog but Bogey's got me wondering.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Because why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    ....yeah,what's the deal with BB? I don't buy the brand for my dog but Bogey's got me wondering.
    I dont have the paperwork anymore, but I think its certain grains or lack there of. I honestly forget.
    The stuff I feed my dog wasn't on the list. Hills science diet food is supposedly one of the good ones.
    I do remember that.
    FJB

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I dont have the paperwork anymore, but I think its certain grains or lack there of. I honestly forget.
    The stuff I feed my dog wasn't on the list. Hills science diet food is supposedly one of the good ones.
    I do remember that.
    OK. Thanks. I wish I knew. We fed Stanley on Blue Wilderness Rocky Mountain Blend (with real bison meat!) for 11 years and I thought that he was thriving on it. However, I just now realized, after reading warnings about BW foods and grain free foods, that the long term effects of this food is likely the reason that I had to put him down. He had a severely enlarged heart, which is the symptoms that result from a grain free diet.

Shit!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

OK. Thanks. I wish I knew. We fed Stanley on Blue Wilderness Rocky Mountain Blend (with real bison meat!) for 11 years and I thought that he was thriving on it. However, I just now realized, after reading warnings about BW foods and grain free foods, that the long term effects of this food is likely the reason that I had to put him down. He had a severely enlarged heart, which is the symptoms that result from a grain free diet.

Shit!
    YES! Its a heart issue, just what you mentioned ( I remember that much). I wish I had the paper.
    I'll see if I can find it on my vets website.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Shit!
    Yes, "grain Free" has been linked to enlarged heart issues - our Roofus was diagnosed.
    Luckily, with diet change, and some meds to slow the progression, his heart returned to normal in about a year's time.
    It was a pretty terrible feeling when you realize that you were trying to do right by your dog - feeding him what was supposed to be "good food", only to learn that you are slowly killing him. He was getting winded chasing his ball and after playing. Unfortunately, over the course of his heart returning to normal, his arthritis (unrelated to food) progressed, so by the time his heart was cleared for physical exertion, his legs were no longer able.

It's not brand related - any "grain free" food can have the same results. And it's not an issue with all breeds.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I've always fed my dogs chicken or burger with rice. Not a lot of grain in there. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast