Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Cheap flights to FLA coming to Wilmington Airport

If you live in SEPA, Avelo Airlines based out of Houston, Texas will begin offering service this February to various destinations in Florida from Wilmington Airport (formerly New Castle County Airport) in Delaware for as low as $40. Not sure if you have to sit on a milk crate and parachute in, but it's an option for the budget conscience...

https://vista.today/2023/01/avelo-ai...qzPA4wd9g-MNYU
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Cheap flights to FLA coming to Wilmington Airport

Note: The Dipshit-in-Chief uses this airport (it's shared with Delaware ANG base) so he may f-up your schedule at any time.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for the heads up! Obviously, the price makes this appealing but the "we have one plane" aspect isn't so hot.

Had an unpleasant return experience on Frontier out of Sarasota in similar circumstances. Their one plane that flew the route was grounded at the previous stop. Tiny airport with no amenities wouldn't even begin check in until two hours before expected departure, so we were stuck in the ticketing area with no seats for two hours. Eventually we get to go upstairs and wait another two hours in a tiny dead airport. (Then we waited another hour after boarding for maintenance to show up from home to make an emergency repair on an overhead bin. The fix was he slammed it closed. Then waited another half hour for maintenance to do paperwork for the repair).

I guess you get what you pay for.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Obviously, the price makes this appealing but the "we have one plane" aspect isn't so hot.

Had an unpleasant return experience on Frontier out of Sarasota in similar circumstances. Their one plane that flew the route was grounded at the previous stop. Tiny airport with no amenities wouldn't even begin check in until two hours before expected departure, so we were stuck in the ticketing area with no seats for two hours. Eventually we get to go upstairs and wait another two hours in a tiny dead airport. (Then we waited another hour after boarding for maintenance to show up from home to make an emergency repair on an overhead bin. The fix was he slammed it closed. Then waited another half hour for maintenance to do paperwork for the repair).

I guess you get what you pay for.
    The base price is one thing, the problem is with all the extra fees. As a side note, WSJ just rated Frontier the worst for bumping passengers. The overall rank in the table is from their Best Airlines article.

One airline performed the worst by far: Frontier Airlines involuntarily bumped 6,057 of the 23 million passengers who flew the airline, for a rate of 2.63 per 10,000 passengers.
    In the comparable period in 2018-2019, the airline denied boarding to 839 of the nearly 21 million passengers it flew, for a rate of 0.4 per 10,000 passengers.
    Frontier declined to comment.

Bumping.jpg

Among those 6,000-plus passengers was Michelle Cecala, who learned after checking in and arriving at the St. Louis airport in June that her Frontier flight was oversold. She says the next available Frontier flight wasn’t until the next day.
    She ended up booking a ticket on Southwest Airlines to avoid missing part of the conference she planned to attend in San Diego. She says that cost more than doubled her Frontier fare. Frontier refunded her original ticket and, after she spoke to a manager, she received a $600 Frontier voucher—roughly the cost of the Southwest flight.

The voucher required Ms. Cecala, who lives in Fort Myers, Fla., to book a flight within 90 days, which she says she wasn’t able to do. She received an extension on the voucher after speaking with the Journal this month.
    “It was a very stressful mess,” she says.
    A Frontier spokeswoman says the flight was changed to a smaller aircraft, which means Ms. Cecala wasn’t owed compensation per DOT rules, but she received a voucher.

(Berks County)

My neighbor flies first mate for Frontier and he does chat about flying a bit. He likes his job well enough but he says he'd rather fly on a legacy airline. Bumping 2.63 people out of 10,000 ain't shit. I flew to Bozeman, MT to ski for a few years and I quickly learned that the flight from Denver to Bozeman was always overbooked and we'd take the bump. Free hotel, dinner and round trip tickets anywhere in US for a year. We flew out to Seattle once and San Diego another time. Free flight and a tent makes for cheap vacations.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness