Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Lebanon Gun Show Two Day Ticket Jan 21-22 2023 (

Thanks for the feedback on this show. I was thinking about going but it's about 60 miles from my house so a considerable investment in gas and time. I'll stay home today.

(Berks County)

Could be an opportunity to get 1000 rounds at a (more) reasonable price.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Unfortunately table rent has gone up at Oaks again according to the promoter. to counter act this, the increase is being distributed across all shows to the vendors and thusly raises the cost of tables at small shows. I dont think will play out well as we have seen a massive decrease of dealers at small shows since the foot traffic at those shows is dwindling. It could be because of the remote locations of the shows or decreased interest from the public due to fewer dealers showing up. Whatever the cause(s) is/are, smaller shows aren't attractive to dealers anymore given the costs of tables, travel, tolls, gas, etc. For that matter, I have heard several dealers dropping out of Oaks due to rising costs and low sales. for those inevitably bitching about prices of things...this stuff isnt cheap on our end. it never was. and wholesalers aren't exactly dropping their prices. I hate to say this but things are not going back to the glory Trump days...which makes shooting expensive....unfortunately.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    Unfortunately table rent has gone up at Oaks again according to the promoter. to counter act this, the increase is being distributed across all shows to the vendors and thusly raises the cost of tables at small shows. I dont think will play out well as we have seen a massive decrease of dealers at small shows since the foot traffic at those shows is dwindling. It could be because of the remote locations of the shows or decreased interest from the public due to fewer dealers showing up. Whatever the cause(s) is/are, smaller shows aren't attractive to dealers anymore given the costs of tables, travel, tolls, gas, etc. For that matter, I have heard several dealers dropping out of Oaks due to rising costs and low sales. for those inevitably bitching about prices of things...this stuff isnt cheap on our end. it never was. and wholesalers aren't exactly dropping their prices. I hate to say this but things are not going back to the glory Trump days...which makes shooting expensive....unfortunately.
    First I attended gun shows at the old Honeywell building in Ft. Washington, then the Sheraton in KoP and now, the old PennCo building in Oaks. The same guy owns the Morgantown and the Oaks facilities. The show worked OK for me when it was in Morgantown when MONTCO denied the right to have it in Oaks. I would expect rent at Morgantown to be substantially lower than Oaks and maybe they should consider ditching Oaks permanently.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    First I attended gun shows at the old Honeywell building in Ft. Washington, then the Sheraton in KoP and now, the old PennCo building in Oaks. The same guy owns the Morgantown and the Oaks facilities. The show worked OK for me when it was in Morgantown when MONTCO denied the right to have it in Oaks. I would expect rent at Morgantown to be substantially lower than Oaks and maybe they should consider ditching Oaks permanently.
    id love to see lower table rent but I would not return to Morgantown. Too much theft, shitty layout, tables packed in like sardines, it is a horrible venue. I liked the smaller shows but they have been run into the ground which started long before the new owners took over. the new strategy to offset the cost of Oaks and spread it out over the small shows, has ruled me out of doing them all together. of course, this all started in the beginning of 2022 when smaller shows table fees were raised by $10-$20 when the attendance was already at an all time low. doesn't seem like smart business, and it doesn't seem like its good for the longevity of those smaller venues. I hope things get better, but if the costs continue to rise, those smaller venues will only see the local guys coming in to them...sometimes even local dealers will decline since they can just stay in their shop and do as much business there in the same weekend with no additional costs.

(Chester County)

A little off topic here, but the only reason I go to the Morgantown shows is that they're close to my house. Mostly the same prices and vendors as Oaks, just a lot fewer of them. The small shows that are the most productive for me are the ones that are run by gun clubs at small venues. That's where you find stuff that comes out of closets and basements.

Last time going to the Lebanon, Bloomsburg and Gettysburg shows I was very disappointed. The number of tables at all of them was way down. Bloomsburg in December had only one hall open. Lebanon's last show in 2022 was down to two halls. The Gettysburg gets smaller and smaller each time I co so now I no longer waste my time or money going. I think they are all Eagle Arms shows so maybe their table prices are getting to high. I used to like going to the Lebanon and Bloomsburg shows even though they were farther from my home in Carlisle but no more. And the Carlisle show has basically gone belly up and been cancelled.
    The Harrisburg C&E show seems to be shrinking the same way too, with fewer vendors and higher prices.
    The York show is still good, though they do seem to be thinning out table wise. The best shows for me have been the small ones staged at local Fish and Game clubs and fire halls. They may have fewer tables but least there are not any jerky, jewelry or other non firearm vendors present.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
    Last time going to the Lebanon, Bloomsburg and Gettysburg shows I was very disappointed. The number of tables at all of them was way down. Bloomsburg in December had only one hall open. Lebanon's last show in 2022 was down to two halls. The Gettysburg gets smaller and smaller each time I co so now I no longer waste my time or money going. I think they are all Eagle Arms shows so maybe their table prices are getting to high. I used to like going to the Lebanon and Bloomsburg shows even though they were farther from my home in Carlisle but no more. And the Carlisle show has basically gone belly up and been cancelled.
    The Harrisburg C&E show seems to be shrinking the same way too, with fewer vendors and higher prices.
    The York show is still good, though they do seem to be thinning out table wise. The best shows for me have been the small ones staged at local Fish and Game clubs and fire halls. They may have fewer tables but least there are not any jerky, jewelry or other non firearm vendors present.

John
    Its my understanding, after talking with some of the vendors, that the table prices are up there and went up after Eagle Shows was acquired by Jordan/JSD Supply. Some of them are fed up by it, as well as other things.

Everyone was packing up and leaving early this past weekend. Posted hours were 9-5 and 9-4 respectively, a lot of vendors were packing up and leaving an hour or more before close of show.

I hope this doesnt signal the end of the eagle shows…unfortunately i have a feeling its coming. Attendance and table numbers down, plus irritated vendors usually leads to a quick demise

As a long time vendor at a variety of different venues up and down the northeast over many decades it pains me to say and agree the shows are changing forever and not for the best. My father was selling at gun/militaria shows from the mid sixties till recently. The old fort lee , long island and anywhere he attend close to queens. Gone is the comaradarie, dealers staying late on fridays bragging wheeling and dealing plus the interest in our hobby. Most of the old time dealers we knew are gone and others like my father are too old to enjoy anymore. The internet crushed most shows especially the antique/flea markets . Gas is high, motels are expensive , and customers have gotten to annoying and true collectors sparse . I could easily fill and entire block of tables with vintage militaria but it would be a losing endeavor. They would ask for xl sizes or compare vintage to repro prices such as cartridge belts and leather slings. It is pointless to travel and set up just for customers complaining about prices when i can make almost the same online in my own house. My last show was the FDHAS but even that is lacking in collectors anymore only dealer /investors wanting the best excelent conditions for the price of fair conditions. I have been to shows as far as west springfield mass , pittsburgh pa , conn , albany /binghamton, richmond and timonium/aberdeen. All are dead for me, even harrisburg which had been excellent for me is over. How cheap do they expect me to go. I read a wide variety of online collector forums and they all read silimarly when there is a show report which usualy there is not. Most of the ww2 vets are gone now so any chance of a treasure being found will be quite rare. Most of the rifles or militaria being walked around a show is either fake or a common import, so many rus caps being offered as vet bring backs with import marks. Democrats, misinformed public opinion and millenials are affecting shows to unrecoverable levels. I would like things to back to how they were but its over now. All the gunshops i used to deal with are gone and the antique shops have zero in vintage militaria just modern items or repros at high prices. I have come to the conclusion that i am going to die of old age before i can sell about 30 footlockers of militaria and thousands of vintage gunparts, not counting books and other paperwork. Now before the peanut gallery here beats up on me i am not saying that shows should end but with my experiance and from what i have seen in half a century nothing can stop thier decline.
    No Peace In Our Time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by silent*anarchy View Post
    As a long time vendor at a variety of different venues up and down the northeast over many decades it pains me to say and agree the shows are changing forever and not for the best. My father was selling at gun/militaria shows from the mid sixties till recently. The old fort lee , long island and anywhere he attend close to queens. Gone is the comaradarie, dealers staying late on fridays bragging wheeling and dealing plus the interest in our hobby. Most of the old time dealers we knew are gone and others like my father are too old to enjoy anymore. The internet crushed most shows especially the antique/flea markets . Gas is high, motels are expensive , and customers have gotten to annoying and true collectors sparse . I could easily fill and entire block of tables with vintage militaria but it would be a losing endeavor. They would ask for xl sizes or compare vintage to repro prices such as cartridge belts and leather slings. It is pointless to travel and set up just for customers complaining about prices when i can make almost the same online in my own house. My last show was the FDHAS but even that is lacking in collectors anymore only dealer /investors wanting the best excelent conditions for the price of fair conditions. I have been to shows as far as west springfield mass , pittsburgh pa , conn , albany /binghamton, richmond and timonium/aberdeen. All are dead for me, even harrisburg which had been excellent for me is over. How cheap do they expect me to go. I read a wide variety of online collector forums and they all read silimarly when there is a show report which usualy there is not. Most of the ww2 vets are gone now so any chance of a treasure being found will be quite rare. Most of the rifles or militaria being walked around a show is either fake or a common import, so many rus caps being offered as vet bring backs with import marks. Democrats, misinformed public opinion and millenials are affecting shows to unrecoverable levels. I would like things to back to how they were but its over now. All the gunshops i used to deal with are gone and the antique shops have zero in vintage militaria just modern items or repros at high prices. I have come to the conclusion that i am going to die of old age before i can sell about 30 footlockers of militaria and thousands of vintage gunparts, not counting books and other paperwork. Now before the peanut gallery here beats up on me i am not saying that shows should end but with my experiance and from what i have seen in half a century nothing can stop thier decline.
    It's just in line with America and Americana. Those coming in behind us have no idea what they are missing out on. I didn't have it as good as those 20 years older than me but I had it a hell of a lot better than those who are 20 years younger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast