Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Home Computer Oddity

Funny you should say that. When I bought the new wireless mouse, I bought a new wired one too just in case. I was opening the package, with scissors, cutting at the top to be sure not to damage cord and bam, although the wires were in the bottom of the package, they actually ran around the top too under the cardboard and yup, I sliced them! It was a great day. My wife was "I'll take it back to Best Buy" but I'm the "nope, I f'd it up so I won't return it and in the trash it went! Luckily the wireless one worked

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    It's doable but a major PITA. You should always have a wired backup for just these kinds of situations.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Another thing happened since update - hopefully someone can help - lol. I have comcast email on my home computer and on my phone. Before the update, if I deleted an email on my desktop or phone, it would delete it on the other device - very convenient. Since the update - no more! I checked every setting I could think of and can't find anything to fix. Now I get 100+ emails a day and have to delete them on computer then go and delete them all on phone. Hope someone knows the easy fix - lol.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Didn't try doing either. Frustrated, ran out and bought new one - lol.
    Makes sense though - I'll have to play around with one. I only bought
    one new mouse to try!
    Now to figure out how to get to settings w/o a mouse - lol.
    Thanks!
    try clicking Ctrl-Esc. then, type in settings. use your tab button to navigate around. settings area has devices - from there you can get into bluetooth.

Another thing happened since update - hopefully someone can help - lol. I have comcast email on my home computer and on my phone. Before the update, if I deleted an email on my desktop or phone, it would delete it on the other device - very convenient. Since the update - no more! I checked every setting I could think of and can't find anything to fix. Now I get 100+ emails a day and have to delete them on computer then go and delete them all on phone. Hope someone knows the easy fix - lol.
    what program?
    if outlook, its possible a change happened with the update.
    you'll have to dig in the settings of the application for that one but there should be either pop3 or imap, and either a "keep on server" or "expunge immadetly" etc type of option.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

if you have Outlook on your phone, try this:

from the app, click on the top left and go to settings (bottom gear icon). select your mail account - go all the way to the bottom and select, "reset account." do not click the "delete account."

Resetting the account does not remove data - it will hopefully fix your issue. when i had an Exchange account, my phone would lose sync every now and then and this step usually fixed my issue. good luck!

(Lancaster County)

If you configured the new machine using the SMTP servers then it will only delete the email on the machine configured to use SMTP servers. If you configure the email as IMAP, it will delete it from all the devices configured to use IMAP.

Comcast's implementation of IMAP is a little flakey though and sometimes phantom emails from the past will reappear.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If you configured the new machine using the SMTP servers then it will only delete the email on the machine configured to use SMTP servers. If you configure the email as IMAP, it will delete it from all the devices configured to use IMAP.

Comcast's implementation of IMAP is a little flakey though and sometimes phantom emails from the past will reappear.
    that's just the NSA trying to be helpful.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Cumberland County)

Unfortunately there is nothing that says reset account, only has delete account

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    if you have Outlook on your phone, try this:

from the app, click on the top left and go to settings (bottom gear icon). select your mail account - go all the way to the bottom and select, "reset account." do not click the "delete account."

Resetting the account does not remove data - it will hopefully fix your issue. when i had an Exchange account, my phone would lose sync every now and then and this step usually fixed my issue. good luck!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Mysteriously everything resorted back today and now when I read or delete an email on one it does the same on the other. Jeez - lol. Oh well - technology.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12