Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7 Pistol

Man I hate watching new gun content....

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Cumberland County)

^ good video, thanks! and i see two places currently have ammo 500 round case for $300 free shipping. it's American Eagle but hmmmmm, decisions.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

This is dark to say, but I kind of wish there was more real world testing of 5.7x28mm out of pistols. I am sure they are a lot of fun to shoot, but I do not know if they stop threats as effectively as 9mm, .40, or .45.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    This is dark to say, but I kind of wish there was more real world testing of 5.7x28mm out of pistols. I am sure they are a lot of fun to shoot, but I do not know if they stop threats as effectively as 9mm, .40, or .45.
    There's not a lot out there that's public. There's the Fort Hood incident where a 5.7x28 handgun was the prime weapon used. Lots written about that. There's some anecdotal information out there. Someone on the FiveseveN forum talking about taking a deer with 5.7. A couple of LEOs talking about crime scene evidence. Plenty of tests online (Buffman - R.A.N.G.E and Paul Harrell). It's used by our own Secret Service and about forty other countries. Mexico uses it. I saw both the P90 and the FiveseveN pistol the last time I was there.

Compared to 9mm, the basic AE5728 and SS197SR are lower in power. The higher end stuff like SS198 and SS190 are on par, but also have the added benefit of being able to pierce soft body armor. The boutique rounds from places like Elite Ammunition and Vanguard Outfitters are significantly more powerful and have even better armor piercing performance. The thing that works to 5.7x28's advantage is speed and low recoil.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234