Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Henry Homesteader 9mm Carbine

Can't wait to see the price on this.
    I'm guessing "absurd" will be pretty close.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I am too.
    I don't have much money to spend on these things, so I have very few guns "just for fun" - I typically choose things that are both fun AND can be used for self defense in order to be "practical".
    Thanks for the link, I saw that when you first started that thread and there were only a few replies, then I must've gotten distracted by The (oh-so-important ) Lounge and forgot about it I try to keep calibers that I stock to a minimum, but almost most all of my handguns are 9mm so I have plenty, and I always get tempted and wonder if I'm missing something by not having a 9mm carbine.

Can't wait to see the price on this.
    I'm guessing "absurd" will be pretty close.
    $999 MSRP, so probably $800-$850 street price.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Yeah, I figured as much.
    That's beyond absurd, regardless of how much I like the concept, and execution of said carbine.

I mean, I don't expect gun makers to market new guns to poor people, but that's just borderline obscene for something that isn't even offering something original.

I do hope they sell a bunch though, because I'd love to pick up a used one some day. LOL
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I am too.
    I don't have much money to spend on these things, so I have very few guns "just for fun" - I typically choose things that are both fun AND can be used for self defense in order to be "practical".

I would absolutely buy one of these if I had the spare money. I have a Camp 9 carbine though, so there's no urgency to pick one up.
    The solution is to make more money and be able to buy things just for fun.

Yeah, I figured as much.
    That's beyond absurd, regardless of how much I like the concept, and execution of said carbine.

I mean, I don't expect gun makers to market new guns to poor people, but that's just borderline obscene for something that isn't even offering something original.

I do hope they sell a bunch though, because I'd love to pick up a used one some day. LOL
    It's not though. For a company that doesn't have the resources of a company the size of Ruger or S&W, Henry is pretty competitive. I mean a Henry Big Boy in 45-70 is still cheaper than a new Ruger/Marlin 1895. If Ruger/Marlin were to introduce the Camp 9 again today, and they didn't just throw some wooden furniture on a PC Carbine, i.e. brought back the original, how much do you think that would cost? It wouldn't be the $350 rifle it was when it was introduced.

New gun prices have gone up across the board, which unfortunately means that used prices aren't going to be as low as they once were. That's just the way things go.

The Firearm Blog article from SHOT Show

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...e-homesteader/

Yeah, I figured as much.

It's not though. For a company that doesn't have the resources of a company the size of Ruger or S&W, Henry is pretty competitive. I mean a Henry Big Boy in 45-70 is still cheaper than a new Ruger/Marlin 1895. If Ruger/Marlin were to introduce the Camp 9 again today, and they didn't just throw some wooden furniture on a PC Carbine, i.e. brought back the original, how much do you think that would cost? It wouldn't be the $350 rifle it was when it was introduced.

New gun prices have gone up across the board, which unfortunately means that used prices aren't going to be as low as they once were. That's just the way things go.
    Correction, the MSRP on the Henry proprietary mag version is $928. The versions that take SIG P320, S&W M&P, or Glock mags are $959. I'm guessing Henry will also offer a magwell upgrade for other mag types like the Ruger PC Carbine. Unlike Ruger, however, they are actually covering the three most popular 9mm handguns on the market right now.

I'd consider the Homesteader if they offer it in .45 ACP. That would interest me more as a fun range gun and a potential suppressed HD gun. Based on the model number - H027-H9, Henry is planning offering other calibers if this one sells.

Well its not a Henry but my Highpoint TS 995 will suffice !

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Well its not a Henry but my Highpoint TS 995 will suffice !
    I own three Hi-Point carbines. They're great guns. They lack any sort of refinement, but they will get the job done. Still, there's something to be said about a well made wood and steel rifle.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast