Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Maryland CCW Class - King's Shooter's Supply

I am attending a Maryland Wear/Carry Handgun Permit class being held this weekend at King's Shooter's Supply in King of Prussia. The class is being taught by Chad and Clay from Vinco Training Group. They both have a ton of experience in various federal LEO positions such as Air Marshall and Homeland Security and are accredited Maryland trainers.

The class is well run, informative, and entertaining and I highly recommend it if you are interested in getting a CCW for Maryland. The classes are two days in length as required by Maryland regulations and Chad tells me the classes will be held every month going forward. They also plan to offer additional advanced shooting classes at Kings which I will likely look into once I finish this one.

This is a great training option for any of us in the eastern part of the state! They say they are hoping to start offering NJ CCW classes once the final requirements are finalized by NJ. If any questions, Chad's number is (856)264-9647.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Maryland CCW Class - King's Shooter's Supply

Please keep us updated.

Thanks for joining us for the Maryland Wear and Carry Class. I hope we exceeded your expectations. The next session is going to be held at King Shooters Supply on February 25 & 26 from 8AM-4:30PM. Click to register.

Vinco also offers the Utah Concealed Carry Class to extend your PA Permit to include Delaware. Click Here for the next Utah Class.

Thanks for joining us for the Maryland Wear and Carry Class. I hope we exceeded your expectations. The next session is going to be held at King Shooters Supply on February 25 & 26 from 8AM-4:30PM. Click to register.

Vinco also offers the Utah Concealed Carry Class to extend your PA Permit to include Delaware. Click Here for the next Utah Class.

(Chester County)

I just finished the Maryland Wear and Carry Training Course held this past weekend at King's Shooters Supply in King of Prussia and wanted to leave some quick comments. The course lasted two eight hour days as required by Maryland. Topics presented included firearms and shooting fundamentals, laws regarding use of deadly force, what to do after use of deadly force, choice of holster, home defense, situational awareness, and many more topics.

The class was only 5 students, and there were two instructors for the class. The students represented a wide range of skill levels and ages but the instructors made sure everyone got a ton of hands on attention and training. Part of the class included 4 full hours of range time. Since King's has their own range on site, it was extremely convenient to conduct the shooting qualification which is required by Maryland right there, as well as to work on various shooting skills. Spoiler alert - everyone passed! When you leave the class you will understand what is required and have everything you need to apply for Maryland CCW.

The trainers leading the class were both long time Federal Air Marshalls and their shooting skills showed it! They both possess a wealth of real world knowledge relating to shooting and concealed carry and it was quite useful to be able to benefit from their knowledge.

On the range, they spent a great deal of time with each student individually to work on shooting skills. Everything from stance, grip, use of sights, pistol presentation, trigger work during presentation, handling recoil during rapid strings of shots, and much more was covered.

Initially, shots were pretty loose but as the class continued, everyone's groups tightened noticeably, and shot to shot speeds increased. Beep to bang times continued to get better with the instruction, and many drills were taught to provide a path towards continued improvement.

I considered myself a reasonable shot prior to the class. But there is no question that what they taught me and the observations they made of mistakes I was making enabled me to significantly decrease my group sizes and lower time between shots. I found myself making more consistent hits firing two, three and four rapid shot strings.

They plan to offer a combat course next month at King's and I am planning to attend if at all possible. If you are looking for a local venue to qualify for your Maryland CCW or are looking for other firearm training, check out Vinco Training Group on the web. They offer all kinds of classes - CCW classes, night shooting, combat, etc.

(Berks County)

Is this similar to the Utah classes where you leave with everything you need to apply? It was a few years ago, but I know they did the fingerprinting, but don't recall if I had to get my own photo. Or do students need to come to the class with the photo and/or fingerprint card?

(Chester County)

Applications are only done on-line now. No paper. At the course, they provide assistance if needed with the on-line form and take your photo for upload. They provide the signed form certifying your training and qualification scores which you then upload to your application. So you leave with pretty much everything but the fingerprints. Maryland specifies that the prints MUST be done IN Maryland at a Livescan location. They give you suggestions on Livescan locations close to your area where you can get the prints done after the training is completed. But you have to make a trip over the border to get them.

For Utah, the prints can be done anyplace so you have everything you need.

(Berks County)

What is the duration of the MD permit, and would you need to requalify repeat the training for a renewal?

Great questions! The initial permit is valid for 2 years and until your birthday month after it is issued. Renewal requires 8 hours or training to include the qualification. The renewal is valid for three years.