Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 56 of 146 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    There's lots of speculation on other forums that it hasn't dropped yet because the ATF wanted us to expose all the holes in their sloppy "rule" so that they can "correct" them before publishing it.
    this wouldn't surprise me but it would surely be a shit move and show how rushed and badly thought out this "rule" was.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    this wouldn't surprise me but it would surely be a shit move and show how rushed and badly thought out this "rule" was.
    Yeah, it should have been perfectly clear like "You can shoulder those. Wait - now you can't. Wait - now you can... sort of. Wait - now it's an SBR no matter what."
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, it should have been perfectly clear like "You can shoulder those. Wait - now you can't. Wait - now you can... sort of. Wait - now it's an SBR no matter what."
    thats like a video i saw of magpul talking bout something from shot show this year and he guy being interviewed said the item was a pistol and we have a letter from the ATF. guess he missed the memo the letters dont mean anything

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    thats like a video i saw of magpul talking bout something from shot show this year and he guy being interviewed said the item was a pistol and we have a letter from the ATF. guess he missed the memo the letters dont mean anything
    Yeah....but it was a letter from ATF saying that letters don't matter.....no....wait......

(Columbia County)

There's lots of speculation on other forums that it hasn't dropped yet because the ATF wanted us to expose all the holes in their sloppy "rule" so that they can "correct" them before publishing it.

There was also a video posted on another forum, where a guy in what appears to be a cop uniform, claims he's buddies with an ATF agent, and says there's internal pushback from agents who bought pistols braced from the store. I was just looking for this video on the other forum to post it here, and now it's been marked private on youtube (might've had to do with the fact that if he is actually a cop, he probably shouldn't be doing youtube videos while in uniform). Who the hell knows.
    I also was thinking that there has to be federal, state and local law enforcement, in addition to politicians that personally bought imported braced pistols. The claim that they are now illegal if the pistol ever came in contact with an arm brace is absurd. I don't think it will sit well with the aforementioned.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemanshooter View Post
    Yeah....but it was a letter from ATF saying that letters don't matter.....no....wait......
    I guess that means their opinions don't either then

(Washington County)

Last edited by JoshIronshaft; January 25th, 2023 at 12:20 PM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

There was also a video posted on another forum, where a guy in what appears to be a cop uniform, claims he's buddies with an ATF agent, and says there's internal pushback from agents who bought pistols braced from the store. I was just looking for this video on the other forum to post it here, and now it's been marked private on youtube (might've had to do with the fact that if he is actually a cop, he probably shouldn't be doing youtube videos while in uniform). Who the hell knows.
    Pretty sure I came across that video and if it's the one I'm thinking of the guy pissed me off. He acted like he was for the people and against the rule, but then mentioned something about no special exemption for law enforcement basically saying they'd lose their shit too. I took it as if there was an exemption for law enforcement he really could give two shits about the situation.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Pretty sure I came across that video and if it's the one I'm thinking of the guy pissed me off. He acted like he was for the people and against the rule, but then mentioned something about no special exemption for law enforcement basically saying they'd lose their shit too. I took it as if there was an exemption for law enforcement he really could give two shits about the situation.
    im a firm believer that there should never be an exemption for law enforcement. i can understand there being department owned weapons but the personal exemption should not be there. if your off duty you have the exact same rights as anyone else. this is why so many cops in liberal cities seem fine with these rules cause they always get a carve out for themselves.

Page 56 of 146 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast