Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146
Results 1,451 to 1,459 of 1459

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    With all due respect (genuinely):

(1) If one's friend can shoot using an SBA3 just as well as with a proper stock, why bother? Fingerprints, registration (because that's exactly what it is) etc. Especially if one's friend happened to build a piece using an older 80% lower, so the thing is 'off the books' in entirety. Now if we're talking fun-switch rifles, well that's 100% different of course but legally that would require the stamp anyway. But the subject remains semis, so why broadcast the 'hey look at what I have mr. man!' flare? And btw, who gas about markings? I could care less what something looks like, all it has to do is do the job it is meant to do, and do it well. It's just a tool, and I ain't blaming it!

(2). Now that may be a 50/50 shot, and if not 2024, perhaps 2028, or who knows. But who can predict the future? Following your pessimistic view to a conclusion (and I do believe you may be accurate, whether next year or soon...), sooner or later funny little "braces" are going to be the least of what the loonies are going to be coming for. Anything other than perhaps a single shot is going to be in the crosshairs. "...there's fuck-all stopping them from ramrodding through a legislative ban on arm braces, and worse." So again, why send up the flare prematurely?

(3) Can't debate on this point at all.

Legitimate questions. Again, with respect.
    An "older 80% lower" better not have started life as a rifle, if you want to make a pistol out of it without NFA registration & tax.

My pessimism is based on the Democrats telling us what they plan and showing us what they're willing to do for power. When they tell you they will ban something, believe them. When they show you that they will happily use the courts in tame Dem satraps to throw hundreds or thousands of political opponents in jail indefinitely, and they do it and they get away with it, expect that to continue.

Make them send you to the reeducation camps, instead of arresting you for actual violations of laws, so that others are forced to recognize what the country becomes. They aren't prosecuting Trump for "being a threat to their rigged election", they're pretending it's about fraud and election tampering. When they don't have to pretend anymore, the game is either on, or over.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    An "older 80% lower" better not have started life as a rifle, if you want to make a pistol out of it without NFA registration & tax.

My pessimism is based on the Democrats telling us what they plan and showing us what they're willing to do for power. When they tell you they will ban something, believe them. When they show you that they will happily use the courts in tame Dem satraps to throw hundreds or thousands of political opponents in jail indefinitely, and they do it and they get away with it, expect that to continue.

Make them send you to the reeducation camps, instead of arresting you for actual violations of laws, so that others are forced to recognize what the country becomes. They aren't prosecuting Trump for "being a threat to their rigged election", they're pretending it's about fraud and election tampering. When they don't have to pretend anymore, the game is either on, or over.
    I try to project a more positive”can-do” attitude… I’m not worried even a little bit by the potential future scenarios you’re mentioning. If you have fears and they demand certain actions, fair enough… you do you, Bro. But I’m certainly hoping amongst so-called enthusiasts here, we are not paving the way for the antis/Dems by making it easy. I’m trying to live in a way that normalizes all of this and our ways. That is how they’ve been attacking our beliefs and rights… pretending the opposite is normal. I’d encourage you not to give in so easily.

Speaking to someone the “braces are bad stocks” bs…. I’ve got SBA3s and an SBA4 on SBR style rifles 7.5, 10.3, 12.5 etc… I train with them REGULARLY and HARD and pay for training classes. At the club where I’m an Action RO, I’d say I send 600-1000rds down range a month just on my own time (not paid training or open events like the action shoots) and I’m talking about moving & shooting drills; physical/mental challenges built in, and medical training too. Teamwork in shoot houses too. So, I’m not just standing at a gamelands static range thinking my brace is something it isn’t… I definitely actually use them hard. I’m very confident with my *loophole SBRs* that have braces and my abilities with them. Though of course… always learning

Also… why wouldn’t your brace work with the normal 5 or 6 position holed tubes? I think it’s 6 on my BCM Mk2 (not that BCM is Gucci, def not… but I’m not just bracing crap ghetto blasters for gamelands trash shooting, is my point).

Everyone’s mileage may vary, but this is such a weirdly polarizing topic: It seems folks want to denigrate the other side for not preemptively infringing their own rights and then justify it by saying their “braces suck anyway”… idk… maybe I’m reading it wrong. It’s like talking shit on non-electric car drivers’ cars who didn’t ditch them yet even though the ICE ban won’t occur for a decade I’d ever…

Anyway… Everyone needs to go out and train!

Come out and train, learn medical, get fit. 😎🤙 Braces are welcome! 🫶🏽

(Allegheny County)

Sorry* to clarify: the 600-1000rds/month is just counting training with 5.56 through my *loophole SBRs* (my new lingo for braced-pistol-AR-Rifle-man-bear-pig)

of course I shoot more than that monthly counting all other weapons
    combined! ��

IMG_1123.jpg Come out and train!
    F*S=k

(Montgomery County)

So it won't be as easy to ban and confiscate your newly registered ex-braced SBR, especially since they know you have it now?

(York County)

Make them send you to the reeducation camps, instead of arresting you for actual violations of laws, so that others are forced to recognize what the country becomes.
    I say this with deep respect for your insight, which I have quietly read and learned from over the years.

By the time the blind realize what*s happening, it will be too late. If I am going to be an example of anything or to anyone, which I fully realize may be a reality one day, I*m damn well not going to allow anyone to send me off to any kind of camp.

As of right now, I have no concern about being arrested for breaking a law that doesn*t exist. Their tactics will not force me to live in fear. I walk in faith as a free man.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post
    I say this with deep respect for your insight, which I have quietly read and learned from over the years.

By the time the blind realize what*s happening, it will be too late. If I am going to be an example of anything or to anyone, which I fully realize may be a reality one day, I*m damn well not going to allow anyone to send me off to any kind of camp.

As of right now, I have no concern about being arrested for breaking a law that doesn*t exist. Their tactics will not force me to live in fear. I walk in faith as a free man.
    Yeah… just keep enjoying your loophole-SBRs too! 😎

I enjoyed the poop outa mine this weekend.. in the snow and at night, 2days… I’m sore as F; from it all… and I’m in great shape, if I do say so myself. Haha
    We went hard last night in full kit for sure.

(Chester County)

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

the ATF's new strategy to stop the brace rulings is to claim its tax evasion if the rule isnt held up basically.

(Schuylkill County)

If they are claiming that having a pistol brace is tax evasion, did they have the authority to wave the tax for the amnesty registration? If they win, will they charge the people who registered for free with tax evasion? Has anyone that has ever been caught with an illegal SBR ever been charged with tax evasion?

Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146