Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 32 of 146 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Rules for thee but not for me

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by James PA View Post
    My question is, don't some of you own suppressors? You already in their system, so whats the problem? Is the issue the selling of the gun? Its gonna take them years to figure this all out.
    Hey, if you trust the GayTF go right ahead and submit their admission of guilt form during their "amnesty".
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

My question is, don't some of you own suppressors? You already in their system, so whats the problem? Is the issue the selling of the gun? Its gonna take them years to figure this all out.
    They don't have a big enough list with currently registered sbr's to make a dent in the gun owning population. It's not about how many people are in the system, it's about how many who they can confidently identify what they have.

And yes, it'll be years for them to figure it out. It took canada 10 years. Just when you forgot about it and think you're safe.

(Lancaster County)

No, I don't because I shouldn't have to be treated like a criminal and have to have my fingerprints entered into the fed database because I want to own one. I shouldn't have to register something that was completely legal at the time of purchase because of the actions of other people. I don't have a brace, never considered buying a brace. But now apparently the rules say that because it has a buffer tube, it can be shouldered. Which is obviously bullshit because no one shouldering a buffer tube and firing off even a single round let alone a full magazine. This is the bullshit of the ATF and their regulations. If I don't register it, I'm a felon. That isn't what America is supposed to be about.

Now go serve and protect your pension.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Worst case. If you want to keep it a pistol get rid of the buffertube and use a modified bolt. https://www.lawtactical.com/ar_inter...IC_p/99367.htm
    What do you replace the tube with? Is there a plug?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

I can't stand people who say shit like "What's the big deal? I submitted MY blood for DNA testing to get my job, so I don't care if DNA testing is now required to buy guns - they already have my info."

Jesus fucking christ.

Edited to make it louder.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If there isn't (currently designed to use with folding stock which "plugs" it), there WILL be very soon if the buffer tube issue is valid.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It's ment for a folding hinge, but there are plugs for use with 22lr bolts. There are also other bufferless uppers out there. I'm sure more options will develop as this bs carries on.

Good point, I didn't even think about the selling issue. That will make it harder for anybody with one to actually sell down the road if they so choose. The big deal has to do with the fact that when buying an NFA item I'm buying an NFA item. If I wanted to own a NFA SBR I would, I bought an AR Pistol instead because it wasn't worth the NFA process to have a slightly shorter barrel.

Now I'm being forced to eventually fill out NFA paperwork for what wasn't an NFA item for a decade or become a felon. If I ever opt to take the gun out of state there are additional notifications I'd need to now do as well that didn't exist when it wasn't defined as an NFA item. There is also the issue that if they can do this with pistol braces they will then likely move to certain triggers and other gun parts in the future.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Good point, I didn't even think about the selling issue. That will make it harder for anybody with one to actually sell down the road if they so choose. .
    this was what I was talking about earlier with the value of these once you register it. To me, i'd say 90-95% of the items that become registered due to this will be worth less because there isnt anything special about them. How many people would pay the same price for something that comes with an additional 200 fee, paper work requirements and additional rules and is used.

Page 32 of 146 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast