Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 103 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1459
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

I do believe at some point, a Federal Judge will slap another injunction on *em, leading to similar *Cease & Desist* notice as we*ve recently seen with the 80% Lowers/Frames lawsuits. The *AFT* has been on mission of writing its own laws with the help of Biden regime. And both Congress & Federal many Federal judges don*t like it!
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Wyoming County)

Federal Judge that issued a favorable ruling in the Frames & Receivers case in TX throws the ATF a bone in the Brace case.

Mock v. Garland involving a Texas Federal District Court declining to order a preliminary injunction against the ATF’s pistol brace rule
    I'd give a better summary but to be honest it was a bit above my comprehension level.

*It's been my position that the ATF had a better case of ruling against braces than they did with a well defined definition of "machineguns" and trying to reinterpret bumpstocks to meet that definition.

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Federal Judge that issued a favorable ruling in the Frames & Receivers case in TX throws the ATF a bone in the Brace case.

I'd give a better summary but to be honest it was a bit above my comprehension level.

*It's been my position that the ATF had a better case of ruling against braces than they did with a well defined definition of "machineguns" and trying to reinterpret bumpstocks to meet that definition.

In short, the court said they've always been SBRs and reiterated everything that goes along with them being SBRs.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    In short, the court said they've always been SBRs and reiterated everything that goes along with them being SBRs.
    So the court said they've always been SBRs, but for the last ten years the ATF said they were pistols?
    I'm not sure that's at all what's gong on. I think some arguments where weak and stupid, that's all.
    The Hostler

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    So the court said they've always been SBRs, but for the last ten years the ATF said they were pistols?
    I'm not sure that's at all what's gong on. I think some arguments where weak and stupid, that's all.
    there should be no argument though, they are no more or less dangerous that they were with or without a brace or even a stock for that matter. None of that changes the power of any particular round.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    If that's the case, laches should apply.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post

$$$$
    FJB

(Chester County)

So, what's the consensus now for anyone here with an SBR... pay the $200 and get the tax stamp?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    So, what's the consensus now for anyone here with an SBR... pay the $200 and get the tax stamp?

Asking for a friend.
    Nope, not going to reinforce their belief that they can arbitrarily change rules and definitions anytime they like. They were clear 5 years ago that braces were fine. That was their ruling. Millions bought the pistols after that ruling. If they had said no then most people would not have bought the guns, companies would not have spent money and time making braces and companies would not have spent money and time advertising and selling guns with braces.

They created an entire industry with their original rulings. Submitting now and registering guns that were legal 2 months ago as SBR*s is not something I am okay with. It validates their power to alter rulings as they see fit.

I will remove the brace and be done with it. Hopefully the courts will not agree that they have the power to arbitrarily change rules that impact the lives of millions.

Page 103 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast