Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 104 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1459

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Gunbroker is removing the auctions if they aren't classified SBR's.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Gunbroker is removing the auctions if they aren't classified SBR's.
    What is "they"?

Pistols with a brace?
    Pistols with no brace?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Nope, not going to reinforce their belief that they can arbitrarily change rules and definitions anytime they like. They were clear 5 years ago that braces were fine. That was their ruling. Millions bought the pistols after that ruling. If they had said no then most people would not have bought the guns, companies would not have spent money and time making braces and companies would not have spent money and time advertising and selling guns with braces.

They created an entire industry with their original rulings. Submitting now and registering guns that were legal 2 months ago as SBR*s is not something I am okay with. It validates their power to alter rulings as they see fit.

I will remove the brace and be done with it. Hopefully the courts will not agree that they have the power to arbitrarily change rules that impact the lives of millions.
    Must spread rep.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    So, what's the consensus now for anyone here with an SBR... pay the $200 and get the tax stamp?

Asking for a friend.
    I'm guessing there will be no consensus, only personal decisions.
    My personal decision is to not SBR anything, anything more than that I won't disclose in public.
    The Hostler

(Bradford County)

My friend's consensus is the somewhat popular sentiment,

"FUCK YOU ATF."
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Montgomery County)

Most members of my gun club own braced pistols, and most are thumping their chests shouting "I ain't registering shit!" But a larger percentage of them also own SBRs and suppressors, so they've already dutifully complied with registration and taxation. If they don't register their braces based on principle, I get it. But if they're trying to stay off the ATF's radar, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by FBG001 View Post
    Most members of my gun club own braced pistols, and most are thumping their chests shouting "I ain't registering shit!" But a larger percentage of them also own SBRs and suppressors, so they've already dutifully complied with registration and taxation. If they don't register their braces based on principle, I get it. But if they're trying to stay off the ATF's radar, too late.
    The arguement isn't against sbr's or nfa or the atf's radar. It's the atf's thinking that they can create laws and change definitions without proper legislation. Saying you'll comply just because you already have an nfa sbr just because the atf says so is a problem, because the atf is no a legislative branch, they're an enforcement branch. What if the atf says semi auto are machine guns, so you must register them as such. Will you register your semi auto machine guns? People are saying they're not registering because they don't recognize the atf as a legislative branch.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    The arguement isn't against sbr's or nfa or the atf's radar. It's the atf's thinking that they can create laws and change definitions without proper legislation. Saying you'll comply just because you already have an nfa sbr just because the atf says so is a problem, because the atf is no a legislative branch, they're an enforcement branch. What if the atf says semi auto are machine guns, so you must register them as such. Will you register your semi auto machine guns? People are saying they're not registering because they don't recognize the atf as a legislative branch.
    Just an observation. You're preaching to the choir.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What is "they"?

Pistols with a brace?
    Pistols with no brace?
    Yes, pistols with braces not registered SBR.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    People keep saying changing definitions.... in the case of braces what definitions did they change? There is no definition of pistol brace in the law, there isn't much of a definition of stock either. All they are saying in this case is braces are stocks and always have been. While I don't like it or agree. But it is their job to decide what is and isn't according to the laws congress passed. Bumpstocks they changed the definition of MG and nobody cared and courts have been backing them up except the 5th

Page 104 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast