Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 44 of 146 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

What's retarded is gun owners EAGERLY lining up to register their fucking guns.
    I knew it would happen one day, but didn't expect it in my lifetime.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What's retarded is gun owners EAGERLY lining up to register their fucking guns.
    I knew it would happen one day, but didn't expect it in my lifetime.
    I knew it would happen with braces, why I never bothered with them. Bought two factory built braced guns with the sole purpose to sbr them. One I did the day I picked it up and the other I wasn*t fond of so I sold it.
    Today was a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Who are you referring to? You should use the quote feature so we know who this is directed at.
    At everyone bitching about finger prints and the process, but have already done it for silencers or something else.

I think its the worst way the ATF could have done it, but as someone who was going to SBR two guns I will never sell (and make Trusts for them) and register two good AR lowers (also Trusts) I don't have an issue. To me, its ALWAYS clearly been a loophole, and the ATF made a mistake. Their effort to fix it is retarded, and should really just be through actual law to remove SBR, SBS and Suppressors from the NFA. Laws not rules and changing "interpretations". Plus, can someone tell me how this makes people safer? You had an sbr before (brace) but not "we have your finger prints, which we could get for any reason we want realll"-the atf/fbi/PSP

Then the ATF wouldn't need 10 years to go through this mess they have made.

They can't even do suppressors right....

Write your Congressmen, explain this is the ATF making law, and that its almost impractical to do. They are giving amnesty to people, but honestly, just get rid of the whole thing in the beginning (except machine guns, I do think thats a reason limit. If you can't pay $10k and wait a year, I dunno if you should have one. Plus, imagine Chicago once they have tacticals with M2s on the back, which we would all then need.... (and for all those "SHall not InFriNge" people, its an amendment. Do you not know how those work? Have they never been removed? Changed? You really want joe bob to own a mini gun in or Nancy an m60 that she will train herself on in her kitchen next door. ("Ooops, these belts are tricky!" as the bullet goes through your tv). I want a machine gun, but not as much as I want certain people to NOT have them. Plus, you can get one, just save up. Its a tax law, not an infringement on guns.

I get why some dont like it, its just others are making a bigger stink just because its the ATF doing anything. But it sucks for those who won't do finger prints, won't do a trust (to add that guy you are going to "sell" it to instead of form 4) etc.

Plus, the courts will likely see this as over reach, but I want my SBR free before then. Its gonna be a dope East German looking MP5 with wood furniture and german parts, made on HK tooling and licensed by HK. I will keep it till I die (and will have a trust...)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by James PA View Post
    At everyone bitching about finger prints and the process, but have already done it for silencers or something else.

I think its the worst way they could have done it, but as someone who was going to SBR two guns I will never sell (and trust them) and register two good AR lowers (also trust) I don't have an issue. To me, its ALWAYS clearly been a loophole, and they made a mistake. Their effort to fix it is retarded, and should really just be through actual law to remove SBR, SBS and Suppressors from the NFA.

Then the ATF wouldn't need 10 years to go through this mess they have made.

They can't even do suppressors right....

Write your Congressmen, explain this is the ATF making law, and that its almost impractical to do. They are giving amnesty to people, but honestly, just get rid of the whole thing in the beginning (except machine guns, I do think thats a reason limit. If you can't pay $10k and wait a year, I dunno if you should have one. Plus, imagine Chicago once they have tacticals with M2s on the back, which we would all then need....

I get why some dont like it, its just others are making a bigger stink just because its the ATF doing anything. But it sucks for those who won't do finger prints, won't do a trust (to add that guy you are going to "sell" it to instead of form 4) etc.

Plus, the courts will likely see this as over reach, but I want my SBR free before then. Its gonna be a dope East German looking MP5 with wood furniture and german parts, made on HK tooling and licensed by HK. I will keep it till I die (and will have a trust...)
    Believe me I don*t like anything they*re doing. If I want nfa stuff I have to play by the rules, which I do. I*ve had people tell me I have the same gun as you but I didn*t have to pay the 200.00 and register my gun and they laughed about it. My response was at least you do for now.
    Today was a good day!

(Franklin County)

Believe me I don*t like anything they*re doing. If I want nfa stuff I have to play by the rules, which I do. I*ve had people tell me I have the same gun as you but I didn*t have to pay the 200.00 and register my gun and they laughed about it. My response was at least you do for now.
    Those were people who have never shot a pistol with an actual stock, there is a difference.
    The Hostler

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Those were people who have never shot a pistol with an actual stock, there is a difference.
    It was a way to get around the nfa, the manufacturers started to make the braces very similar to stocks was the problem imo. And people jumped on board buying and building multiple guns not ever thinking that this will happen. What needs to happen is the nfa needs abolished but we all know that*s not going to happen.
    Today was a good day!

(Lehigh County)

It was a way to get around the nfa, the manufacturers started to make the braces very similar to stocks was the problem imo. And people jumped on board buying and building multiple guns not ever thinking that this will happen. What needs to happen is the nfa needs abolished but we all know that*s not going to happen.
    [IMG=CONFIG]163605[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I did have a pistol I built with an actual round pistol brace until it got approved, I shot it one time with the tube and it sucked, dumbest setup ever. Put it in the safe until the form 1 came back. I would build a rifle before a pistol with just a tube.
    Today was a good day!

Did none of you own SBRs or silencers before?
    I don't.

That is a retarded analogy. You guys are nuts.
    No, it's not. People who give the government or businesses excess information on themselves willy-nilly are nuts.

Oh, and forums kind of suck compared to reddit, since the person I am trying to talk to won't see my reply unless he is on the last page at the right time. Reddit system is better
    Reddit is for the tide-pod generation, poseurs, and communists. It's also really hard for anyone to see your replies on here when you clog up the thread with multiple burst posts that take up half a page. But if Reddit is truly superior, there's nothing trapping you here.

(except machine guns, I do think thats a reason limit. If you can't pay $10k and wait a year, I dunno if you should have one. Plus, imagine Chicago once they have tacticals with M2s on the back, which we would all then need.... (and for all those "SHall not InFriNge" people, its an amendment. Do you not know how those work? Have they never been removed? Changed? You really want joe bob to own a mini gun in or Nancy an m60 that she will train herself on in her kitchen next door. ("Ooops, these belts are tricky!" as the bullet goes through your tv). I want a machine gun, but not as much as I want certain people to NOT have them. Plus, you can get one, just save up. Its a tax law, not an infringement on guns.

Bad people misusing guns sounds a lot like the arguments anti*s use to justify banning Semi autos/extended magazines etc../ or adding them to the NFA.

Amendments are changes that can be over ridden by other amendments. Look at the 18th and 21st. The NFA is a bit different than that. You say that braces were alway a loophole. I agree with that. But I also think the NFA is a loophole for the 2nd.

The Bill of Rights is to limit the government rights. Not for the government to limit peoples rights. Yes bad guys could misuse automatics and have in the past. They can still get the parts to convert semis to autos because they are criminals and that*s what they do.

I don*t really want a machine gun. I don*t really want a bump stock. There are a lot of things I don*t want, but that does not mean I support the government taking any of them away from citizens who do not break the law. And if someone wants a machine gun, I do not think they should have to spend a years worth of mortgage payments to get a 37 plus year old gun.

Page 44 of 146 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast