Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 43 of 146 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Yesterday my friend called the PGC and someone told him he could hunt coyotes with an AR15 in 5.56 in Allegheny County, which we don't think is accurate.

I'm inclined to take the written word over the word of mouth, but I'm waiting to hear more information.

I think one thing that might be the point of confusion here, and this is just my understanding, is that even though your background check has to be approved in 88 days, the start date and end date of the background check have nothing to do with your submission date and your approval date. I submit my form 1, they get to it when they get to it, my approval comes back in 88 days or less, they get back to my form and notify me of the approval when they get to it, and therefore the process can easily take more than 88 days.
    I believe this is correct, Once the atf starts to process your form there’s a window for approval which is 88 days, after that it’s denied if they can’t complete it.
    Today was a good day!

Do you not own suppressors?

What guilt? I'm not doing it as a pistol brace, I'm making a real SBR like I was planning anyway and using this as a way to do for free?

Did none of you own SBRs or silencers before?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I can't stand people who say shit like "What's the big deal? I submitted MY blood for DNA testing to get my job, so I don't care if DNA testing is now required to buy guns - they already have my info."

Jesus fucking christ.

Edited to make it louder.
    That is a retarded analogy. You guys are nuts. And I was making these SBRs with Trusts anyways, so why am I now in a problem. This is not cool IMO, and will be total mayham, but for those already doing silencers and SBRs, the "grace period" allows me to register AR lowers I may never build and two guns I will never sell (and likely won't need form 4 b/c they will go into a trust)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by James PA View Post
    Do you not own suppressors?
    Who are you referring to? You should use the quote feature so we know who this is directed at.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

What's retarded is gun owners EAGERLY lining up to register their fucking guns.
    I knew it would happen one day, but didn't expect it in my lifetime.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Good point, I didn't even think about the selling issue.

If I ever opt to take the gun out of state there are additional notifications I'd need to now do as well that didn't exist when it wasn't defined as an NFA item. There is also the issue that if they can do this with pistol braces they will then likely move to certain triggers and other gun parts in the future.

Yea, this isn't great, and I'm wondering if there is a work around with trusts and just changing responsible person (no wait, no extra $200). But I'm doing this for guns I will own *Forever* MP5s, MPX, and maybe just two quality AR lowers in case I want a 10.5 or 12 in the future. But it sucks, just like a silencer, the market changes (well, for some guns, not the types I'm doing)

We all know the brace was a loop hole. Honestly, I think they might extend the amnesty simply because of issues with the server and filing within 4 months.

And yea, this sets huge precedent. I'm gonna see how it plays out for a few months before "complying". I'm also file 1 those cans right now cause that efile 1 will get long (has it started as of this past thursday?

Oh, and forums kind of suck compared to reddit, since the person I am trying to talk to won't see my reply unless he is on the last page at the right time. Reddit system is better

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Is there anyone, who has has had a Gov agent ask to see proof of your NFA item? Even demand to see the serial # on your weapon? Ok then..

No of course not. Because they CAN*T! They must have a reason. And mere *suspicion* that a person does not have a stupid tax stamp, is NOT grounds for any stop or search. It*s the same as here in Pa., if a LEO sees an imprint of a concealed weapon on one*s person, they have no legal authority to stop that person & question. Years ago, I was very routinely walking around Filthadelphia, into Wawa*s, Dunkin* Donuts & such, Open Carrying, and hoping to be stopped/questioned illegally. Simply to bring lawsuit against the city & get a $25K payday. This was after 2012 however, & while there were many opportunities, not a single LEO would bite. (Guess the training they received after 2012 actually made a difference) Anyway, same thing here. No local/State/Federal LEO can stop & search for what they think, might be an NFA infraction. They must have prior evidence, OR it be secondary to another infraction. Which, I don*t know about the rest of you* but I don*t around breaking the law willfully* I*ve never been arrested for even a misdemeanor. And I*m simply not worried about it.

Now, I already went through the SBR phase back in like 2007-08. Then, when I started reloading & actually studied ballistics, I came to find short barrels are DUMB! They very simply castrate any round compared to a 16*+ barrel. Oh yeah*. and I*m not Tacti-Kewl, Mall Ninja, Super-Assassin of DEATH who needs an SBR & suppressor. I*m also not an Apocalypse Prepper who thinks I*m going to be battling AI.. or Democrat Liberals, traveling across the wasteland that used to be our country. So*Yeah. That said, I don*t want these things to go away. Just as I don*t want bumpity-bumps or binary pew-pews to go away, even though I no interest in them. And I*d encourage people to STOP registering anything! Just go about your business. That*s what I do. I do what I like, and I*m not looking to hurt anyone doing it. DC, FBI & *AfT* can suck a-D!

I will very clearly point out that I know someone who HAS gone to jail for just silencer and SBR stuff. Not even at a range. Not even associated with another crime (although if they weren't idiots they would have found drugs too). Informants. They will not ignore informants, and will kick down your door.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    My problem with registering it would be my kids losing the ability to simply take possession of it when I'm gone. I have sentimental kids that will want to hang onto my stuff when I'm gone. My rights shouldn't cost my children anything.
    TRUSTS, for all these registered. Could even allow to "sell" to a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Who are you referring to? You should use the quote feature so we know who this is directed at.
    I will do that from now on, but it is so far back. Will edit

Page 43 of 146 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast