Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 75 of 146 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
    (Bradford County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

There is not enough alcohol in my house to deal with these threads. Going to have to fix that.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    The Guns and gadgets youtube video is actually very informative on this subject. One point he mentions is the ATF is now saying buffer tubes are legal.
    This week.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I see both sides of the issue. I will not be applying for an SBR. For me it*s saying *I am okay with you playing your games and redefining terms at will*. I*m not okay with it even if they are giving a bit of a carrot to ignore them increasing gun control and giving Biden a win. He can now go out and proudly proclaim *I took it to pro gunners and either took away, or created more regulation/registration for ar pistols*. *I DID THAT*.

I can imagine the Sons of Liberty reaction if England had told them *we will give you a pass on a tax to register a firearm that we have just arbitrarily decided is now illegal.* To me doing the tax stamp is saying you are okay with their games. I hope most people decide not play the governments registration game.

I will take the brace off and be done with it and hope lawsuits eventually smack this down in a decade or two.

I do get why some people are jumping at the opportunity for a tax stamp/s but it*s just not for me.

If i put a brace on a cane/walking stick, does that make it a short barreled rehab device subject to a free tax stamp? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    If i put a brace on a cane/walking stick, does that make it a short barreled rehab device subject to a free tax stamp? :P
    only if you serialize it.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I see both sides of the issue. I will not be applying for an SBR. For me it*s saying *I am okay with you playing your games and redefining terms at will*. I*m not okay with it even if they are giving a bit of a carrot to ignore them increasing gun control and giving Biden a win. He can now go out and proudly proclaim *I took it to pro gunners and either took away, or created more regulation/registration for ar pistols*. *I DID THAT*.

I can imagine the Sons of Liberty reaction if England had told them *we will give you a pass on a tax to register a firearm that we have just arbitrarily decided is now illegal.* To me doing the tax stamp is saying you are okay with their games. I hope most people decide not play the governments registration game.

I will take the brace off and be done with it and hope lawsuits eventually smack this down in a decade or two.

I do get why some people are jumping at the opportunity for a tax stamp/s but it*s just not for me.

I think back to Covid - at the beginning. There were people way up high, who got together and said, "Let's see how much we can fuck with people before they say "ENOUGH!"
    They sat there and analyzed how the masses reacted to all of their "rules" - No working unless you are essential, No travel, No this, that, and the other.
    They watched and learned - they learned that they could manipulate people, families, entire COUNTRIES... they could offer financial incentives and get people to do things they would not otherwise have done. (get the vaxx!)

I can't see how this is any different - it's the blueprint to the future. "Let's see how much we can take - without taking anything. Gun owners will line up to GIVE us what we want!"

EXCELLENT!!!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I think back to Covid - at the beginning. There were people way up high, who got together and said, "Let's see how much we can fuck with people before they say "ENOUGH!"
    They sat there and analyzed how the masses reacted to all of their "rules" - No working unless you are essential, No travel, No this, that, and the other.
    They watched and learned - they learned that they could manipulate people, families, entire COUNTRIES... they could offer financial incentives and get people to do things they would not otherwise have done. (get the vaxx!)

I can't see how this is any different - it's the blueprint to the future. "Let's see how much we can take - without taking anything. Gun owners will line up to GIVE us what we want!"

EXCELLENT!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    my son texted me and said 5 lawsuits have been filed........I don't know the details
    Firearms Policy Coalition is one of the groups who filed a lawsuit.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's OK. I still like you even if you can't see the forest for the trees.

This is similar (but far worse) than participating in gun buy backs.
    You think you're getting over on them by taking $50 from them in return for a broken gun, but in the end, you are just supporting the anti-gunners by helping to make their program a "success". (We took XXX guns off the streets today!!!)
    I know that not everyone agrees with me on THAT either, but we all can't see things the same way, I guess.
    On the plus side, I saved one beautiful gun from the evil clutches of a buyback program.

On the minus side, I sold my AR pistol last year so I wouldn't have to deal with the inevitable reclassification. That was after I "remanufactured" it by touching it to my shoulder, lol. A blind man could see this coming. I have enough going on in my life to be puzzling over what to do about a suddenly-illegal gun.

Page 75 of 146 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast