Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 76 of 146 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    There is not enough alcohol in my house to deal with these threads. Going to have to fix that.
    I like Mimosa's in the morning, a couple bloody mary's in the afternoon, then couple beers at night.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This is similar (but far worse) than participating in gun buy backs.
    You think you're getting over on them by taking $50 from them in return for a broken gun, but in the end, you are just supporting the anti-gunners by helping to make their program a "success". (We took XXX guns off the streets today!!!)
    I know that not everyone agrees with me on THAT either, but we all can't see things the same way, I guess.
    Not this guy. He definitely got on over on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I see both sides of the issue. I will not be applying for an SBR. For me it*s saying *I am okay with you playing your games and redefining terms at will*. I*m not okay with it even if they are giving a bit of a carrot to ignore them increasing gun control and giving Biden a win. He can now go out and proudly proclaim *I took it to pro gunners and either took away, or created more regulation/registration for ar pistols*. *I DID THAT*.

I can imagine the Sons of Liberty reaction if England had told them *we will give you a pass on a tax to register a firearm that we have just arbitrarily decided is now illegal.* To me doing the tax stamp is saying you are okay with their games. I hope most people decide not play the governments registration game.

I will take the brace off and be done with it and hope lawsuits eventually smack this down in a decade or two.

I do get why some people are jumping at the opportunity for a tax stamp/s but it*s just not for me.
    Whether you get an NFA stamp, avoid NFA items you want in order to avoid the stamp or get them anyway and hide them away, you're still playing their game and they're taking the win. Our freedom is an illusion and at the end of the day the gov't is going to do whatever the F they please.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    Not this guy. He definitely got on over on them.

Whether you get an NFA stamp, avoid NFA items you want in order to avoid the stamp or get them anyway and hide them away, you're still playing their game and they're taking the win. Our freedom is an illusion and at the end of the day the gov't is going to do whatever the F they please.
    True.
    I figure they have 4 goals,
    1: get as many people on their lists as they can.
    2: get people to hide their illegal firearms
    3: test the waters to see how far they can push without significant pushback
    4: disassemble or sell their guns

There isn't one of us who own pistol braces that isn't going to fall into one or more of those categories, pick your poison.

Me personally, I won't be joining their list or selling mine.
    The Hostler

(Allegheny County)

4 questions "clarified" - last one applies to the import stuff

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

^^^ That's the only reasonable response to this in my opinion.
    If you were going to SBR something - fucking do it - don't play into this game they are playing.
    Spend your own $200.
    By playing along, you are supporting the government in their efforts to disarm all of us in the end.
    amen

4 questions "clarified" - last one applies to the import stuff

I never noticed it before, but she has great cans. She could represent me any time.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    So taking the free stamp is supporting the rule change? I don't get it.

Every time I register an NFA item or complete a 4473 and pay for a background check I'm supporting gun control?

Crap.

I wonder if people said the same thing during the 1968 NFA amnesty when you could register anything tax free. I just bought two NFA items that were on a 1968 amnesty registration form.
    yes because we built them with no intent to ask permission to take it out of state, we did it because they tried to illegally regulate sbr's, they are trying to make law ( outside of their purview) we did it because we can. Anyone who feels the need to go and register them by all means that 's their choice. I will not allow them to make that decision for me. I paid for my braces , I already paid sales tax on them they are my personal property. They cannot legally take my own property from me specially considering the number of approval letters that were sent out (not that they can legally approve or deny this anyhow) and it's been this way for over 10 years.

If one chooses to build an SBR by all means they understand the ( illegal) protocols that have been put in place and the ramifications. But to come back after 10 years and force people who chose to go another route to avoid all the illegal taxation and registration of firearms is another issue entirely.

(Lancaster County)

Yes I know I know but it's the most current info

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    True.
    I figure they have 4 goals,
    1: get as many people on their lists as they can.
    2: get people to hide their illegal firearms
    3: test the waters to see how far they can push without significant pushback
    4: disassemble or sell their guns

There isn't one of us who own pistol braces that isn't going to fall into one or more of those categories, pick your poison.

Me personally, I won't be joining their list or selling mine.
    Guess we have something in common then

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I'm pretty sure the ATF has forced me to register all of my NFA items to date. Add to that every other background check, licensing, tax paid, etc that I don't do because I want to but because I am required to.

I see your point there, but I chose to follow the new rules, like I do all the time, because I don't get to pick and choose which rules I follow. I have to let the reptile people sort it out while I launch some money at pro-gun orgs and send some emails that hopefully make a difference. And I'm not getting rid of the pistol brace, so I take the free stamp.
    The LAW forced you to register all your NFA items to date.

This ATF bullshit opinion is not law. Major difference.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Page 76 of 146 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast