Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 58 of 146 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    PickingPA Guest

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    Why not they're sending 30 of them to Ukraine and we all know where they'll end up at.
    Tankbroker.com

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    As far as I know the clock hasn't even started, why submit one so soon? The quicker you do it the more incentive you give for them to encroach on our rights. I'm still pretty certain that this whole thing will end up getting shot down.
    I'm tired of reading about this, and I want to get it over with. Shot down or not, I will take a free SBR stamp. I don't see anything in the works to stop this on a timeline that will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    the photo is where i have been curious. can it just be the lower with a brace or is it supposed to be the complete gun.
    Like I said, I submitted a photo that is just a close up of the firearm markings. You can't see the whole pistol or the brace, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Maybe he just wants a free sbr so he can put a stock on it. I mean, form 1's for stock sbr's are still a thing.
    Exactly. My 20th stamp should be free anyways.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

This new ruling is targeting pistol braces but has not been 'dropped' yet, right? So, are you filling out an SBR app, or a brace forgiveness app? If the former, aren't you forbidden from owning the finished product before the app is approved?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I submitted an amnesty SBR form 1 just now.

I submitted just a photo showing a close up of the factory markings on the firearm, as I saw no instructions to submit a photo of the entire firearm.

I also applied as a Trust, as I had this firearm put on a notarized assignment sheet last Friday.

Wish me luck!
    You serious Clark?

Your "braced pistol SBR" doesn't even exist yet in their eyes. Good luck with that, hope they honor your submission before submissions even exist lol. What a waste of time.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    This new ruling is targeting pistol braces but has not been 'dropped' yet, right? So, are you filling out an SBR app, or a brace forgiveness app? If the former, aren't you forbidden from owning the finished product before the app is approved?
    There's no evidence he provided that he owns the finished product before the app is approved, he just took a photo of the SN and manufacturer.

I'm actually really curious if this will work. If it does you don't even have to have the brace. You could just buy a cz scorpion, pic of markings, submit for sbr, receive stamp, buy brace, then there we go.

SBR's are still a thing, that people file form 1's for, pay $200, recieve their approval, then buy a stock. If they can indeed get a free sbr out of it where they would have otherwise paid $200, while remaining within the law, then why not. After all, we're all still obeying the law at this point, aren't we?

Maybe he just wants a free sbr so he can put a stock on it. I mean, form 1's for stock sbr's are still a thing.
    That isn' the same thing though because he'd be paying the $200 fee. I'm still going to let it play out for a bit, I'm fairly sure this won't fly since I'm seeing numbers like 40 million guns affected.

With any luck this will end up being considered common use and if they're trying to say a pistol brace is equivalent to a stock that should be cause for them to then get SBR's taken off the NFA list.

(Berks County)

There's no evidence he provided that he owns the finished product before the app is approved, he just took a photo of the SN and manufacturer.

I'm actually really curious if this will work. If it does you don't even have to have the brace. You could just buy a cz scorpion, pic of markings, submit for sbr, receive stamp, buy brace, then there we go.

SBR's are still a thing, that people file form 1's for, pay $200, recieve their approval, then buy a stock. If they can indeed get a free sbr out of it where they would have otherwise paid $200, while remaining within the law, then why not. After all, we're all still obeying the law at this point, aren't we?
    I agree and there is nothing preventing one from un-SBRing their pistol either. Might as well SBR every pistol in the house, since they don't have to be etched or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I agree and there is nothing preventing one from un-SBRing their pistol either. Might as well SBR every pistol in the house, since they don't have to be etched or anything.
    They do require etching when approved, as per the atf document.

However, he said he specifically did not take a picture of the brace, or of the entire gun. only the markings. So, in theory, there's no way to know if he is sbr-ing a braced pistol as per the new rule, or something else.

(Lancaster County)

For the folks with disabilities.

"If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target"

(Berks County)

They do require etching when approved, as per the atf document.

However, he said he specifically did not take a picture of the brace, or of the entire gun. only the markings. So, in theory, there's no way to know if he is sbr-ing a braced pistol as per the new rule, or something else.
    Are you sure that etching is required with these? I thought I read different and others have agreed with that observation. We need clarification on this.

Page 58 of 146 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast