Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 128 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1459
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by ACP45 View Post
    Well, now they shut McCarthy down by refusing a rule vote until McCarthy actually brings the brace rule bill to the floor on Tuesday.

They (handful of R) are saying after the debt ceiling debacle, they don*t trust McCarthy to hold his promise to bring the bill to the floor*.so now they are forcing him to by not permitting any other business until he does so

Why would the Republicans of the House even bother? Even if it will pass the house, it will likely fail in the Senate. And if for some reason it passes in the Senate it will get vetod. This is literally a fucking waste of time and money.

If each of those House Republicans were out giving voters blow jobs to sway their votes for the Republicans - they might actually do something productive.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Why would the Republicans of the House even bother? Even if it will pass the house, it will likely fail in the Senate. And if for some reason it passes in the Senate it will get vetod. This is literally a fucking waste of time and money.
    I hope this is not the end of it. I hope that all of these dead-end efforts (at the moment) are a prelude to those efforts repeated when there is an actual opportunity for them to pass & be implemented.

It surely ought to be a litmus test of those politicians in the future...

(Berks County)

If each of those House Republicans were out giving voters blow jobs to sway their votes for the Republicans - they might actually do something productive.
    On one hand, I have to agree but on the other, the dumbs do it all the time and to at least some extent, I think we should go on the offensive.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Two reasons that make me happy.

1. If they are focused on brace stocks, that*s taking time away from Congress figuring out what other rights to go after.
    2. It pisses antis off. Just as it pisses me off when Congress spends time trying to take gun rights away, it pisses off antis both in Congress and in general.

Because when court cases are filed to challenge the ATF’s authority to re-write law, the judge will be reminded that it is the job of the Legislative Branch to pass laws, not the Executive Branch (which the ATF falls under)

The fact that the US House is attempting to pass legislation to repeal an unconstitutional “law” proves the correct path is to block the ATF’s ruling and block enforcement, sending the whole issue to Congress to decide (back to pre-ban while it works its way through Congress)

Because when court cases are filed to challenge the ATF*s authority to re-write law, the judge will be reminded that it is the job of the Legislative Branch to pass laws, not the Executive Branch (which the ATF falls under)

The fact that the US House is attempting to pass legislation to repeal an unconstitutional *law* proves the correct path is to block the ATF*s ruling and block enforcement, sending the whole issue to Congress to decide (back to pre-ban while it works its way through Congress)
    ^^^100% This^^^

(Jefferson County)

Because when court cases are filed to challenge the ATF*s authority to re-write law, the judge will be reminded that it is the job of the Legislative Branch to pass laws, not the Executive Branch (which the ATF falls under)

The fact that the US House is attempting to pass legislation to repeal an unconstitutional *law* proves the correct path is to block the ATF*s ruling and block enforcement, sending the whole issue to Congress to decide (back to pre-ban while it works its way through Congress)
    It will not get anywhere in Congress, it just a fluffer to get pro-gun people to jackoff. The courts already have SCOTUS caselaw and statutory definitions to strike the brace thing down. What the courts will do is a half pro / half anti across the many circuits, then SCOTUS will pass on hearing the case. Ultimately, we will need to replace anti-gun people in Congress and elect a pro-gun president to fix shit.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    On one hand, I have to agree but on the other, the dumbs do it all the time and to at least some extent, I think we should go on the offensive.
    The only offensive we have is to do the exact same shit that Democrats do at election times. Harvest ballets, stuff mail-in voter boxes, drag granny out of the old folks home, go to the cemeteries and collect names, etc, etc.

There is no other offensive, no pro-gun bill will ever make it out of the legislature. And if for some act of God to allow it to happen, Dipshit-in-Chief will veto it.

The only legislative chance to ever get a pro-gun bill signed into law is to incorporate it into an omnibus bill that the Dems desperately want. ...as part of some negotiation of you scratch my back, I scratch yours.

The federal government is the same situation we have here in PA. ...so long as pro-guns don't control both houses and the executive, nothing good will come. On both levels we will be just trying to keep the status quo instead of losing ground.

(Chester County)

...so long as pro-guns don't control both houses and the executive, nothing good will come.
    Most of us have been around to see us have all 3 and STILL nothing good comes.

And I don't put much faith in the Supreme Court (you know, the 3rd branch of GOVERNMENT) anymore as it is still the government saying whether the government can or can't do something.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

The atf keeps horrible records, ask me how I know. They won't know where to go if they ever want to confiscate.
    FJB

Page 128 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast