Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 146 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    PickingPA Guest

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Matt Gaetz introduces the “Abolish The ATF Act”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gae...ilizing-braces

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    And when I take my braces off and destroy them, and then the ATF says a few months later "You know that part about buffer tubes and surface area that we snuck into our "final rule"? Your AR pistol with a bare, smooth buffer tube is now an NFA item also."

I have no interest in doing 10 years over a brace(a stupid piece of plastic. as you said, a poor substitute for a stock), so I'll "comply" for now. I was a gun owner for 8 years before I bought a brace, so I can survive just fine without them. But at what point do we say these edicts from a bureaucratic agency are BS and enough is enough? If not today, when?
    The Framers were heavily taxed, couldn't vote, were ruled by governors imposed from across the sea, had their homes searched without justification. They didn't say it was "enough" until the Brits tried to seize the community arsenals at Lexington & Concord.

You may have a different trigger point. Maybe it's gas stoves, or electric cars, or open borders turning your grandkids into an oppressed minority, or Top Secret documents in garages. Not for me to say. But 1st World Problems are no justification for letting slip the dogs of war.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The Framers were heavily taxed, couldn't vote, were ruled by governors imposed from across the sea, had their homes searched without justification. They didn't say it was "enough" until the Brits tried to seize the community arsenals at Lexington & Concord.

You may have a different trigger point. Maybe it's gas stoves, or electric cars, or open borders turning your grandkids into an oppressed minority, or Top Secret documents in garages. Not for me to say. But 1st World Problems are no justification for letting slip the dogs of war.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Just to be clear here, I never advocated "letting slip the dogs of war" over pistol braces. But if I have the funds available, and someone gets popped with an "unregistered pistol brace," I'll more than gladly contribute to their Go Fund Me. And under no circumstances am I going to wag my finger at them for not complying, or defend the thugs at the ATF.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What should those with a buffer tube, and only a buffer tube that never bought a brace, never considered buying a brace should do? Didn't buy it because it's a super secrets squirrel SBR, but bought it as a pistol.
    Well, get a free tax stamp of course. Might as well, I hear all the cool kids are doing it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Well, get a free tax stamp of course. Might as well, I hear all the cool kids are doing it.
    Not really a helpful answer. Obviously everyone should comply, I'm just not fond of the idea of being forced to do so because I own something that was legal at one point. I actually figured this was going to happen when I saw those braces come out, since it was quite obvious that they were designed to get around the SBR tax stamp. Gun owners are their own worst enemy.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Stunning and brave!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Allegheny County)

At least I know that part of their plan wasn't to get us fighting amongst ourselves!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Matt Gaetz introduces the *Abolish The ATF Act*

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gae...ilizing-braces
    I just saw the article and was going to post here,good thing I checked first lol....anyhow,I suspect that Gaetz's act and the ATF share one thing in common and that is that neither of them will be going anywhere.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lycoming County)

Not really a helpful answer. Obviously everyone should comply, I'm just not fond of the idea of being forced to do so because I own something that was legal at one point. I actually figured this was going to happen when I saw those braces come out, since it was quite obvious that they were designed to get around the SBR tax stamp. Gun owners are their own worst enemy.
    There's not really a helpful answer, so I'm stuck at sarcasm. Nobody has a definitive grasp of how narrowly or broadly the AFT is going to be interpreting this shit. As written, they could say anything with a buffer tube or receiver extension now counts as an SBR. You want to be 100% safe, disassembly is the only guarantee that it is at this point or quite frankly any point going forward, since they can change their mind on a whim about what's legal and not. Registration is probably a close second, at least you'll get the cool stamp of approval and be able to put a stock on it. Those are the "safe" options, now are they the best options is going to be a personal thing.

(Wyoming County)

What should those with a buffer tube, and only a buffer tube that never bought a brace, never considered buying a brace should do? Didn't buy it because it's a super secrets squirrel SBR, but bought it as a pistol.
    I'm a bit perplexed by the "surface area/buffer tube" language myself. I remember back before braces were a thing there were issues about adding items like rubber cane feet on buffer tube. Anything that increased the comfort of shouldering the tube was basically a no-no.
    I don't know- can the buffer tube by itself be considered a stock? ARs are bad but AK pistols are ok?

Page 25 of 146 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast