Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 59 of 146 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    They do require etching when approved, as per the atf document.

However, he said he specifically did not take a picture of the brace, or of the entire gun. only the markings. So, in theory, there's no way to know if he is sbr-ing a braced pistol as per the new rule, or something else.
    It's clearly stated by the ATF in some FAQ that the amnesty registered braced SBRs are not required to be engraved like other NFA items. I have no idea why they did that. I will still get mine engraved.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    This new ruling is targeting pistol braces but has not been 'dropped' yet, right? So, are you filling out an SBR app, or a brace forgiveness app? If the former, aren't you forbidden from owning the finished product before the app is approved?
    The special eforms website for the amnesty registering went live (I think) on the day that they announced everything. So I filed this form through a special ATF eforms website that wouldn't let me pay for the form 1 and it had some different wording regarding the SBR amnesty.

If you go to the NFA reddit group a lot of people already submitted their amnesty form 1 applications so I figured if the website is up and working then they are taking them. I'm sure once it hits the register the website will be crashing for awhile as a lot of people try to use it. Once I submitted the form I got the email right away with the submission acknowledgement and the cover sheet to mail my finger print cards. I just did those myself right now and I'm headed to the post office to mail them.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; January 25th, 2023 at 02:40 PM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Clinton County)

I'm just having a hard time understanding how you can apply for the special tax forbearance stamp when the tax forbearance doesn't even exist yet, if ever. I guess I didn't mean to be so abrasive in my last post but it just all seems silly to me.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I'm just having a hard time understanding how you can apply for the special tax forbearance stamp when the tax forbearance doesn't even exist yet, if ever. I guess I didn't mean to be so abrasive in my last post but it just all seems silly to me.
    Ya, doesnt make sense, I agree, but what the heck. Worst case they take me out and I don't have to pay taxes anymore.

Other things I read on reddit in the NFA group (171,883 members):

No one has received an amnesty approval yet (and posted about it on reddit at least).

The amnesty forms will be reviewed by different resources so as not to disrupt the current Form 4, Form 1, etc workload. Someone claimed the ATF stated this somewhere.

The current control numbers (the serial number of the form) spit out by the eforms website indicate the current volume of forms is in line with the volume they processed in 2021 or 2022, so no additional delays could be justified YET.

Eform 1s have recently been as fast as 1 week, with some people taking anywhere from 30 to 120+ days depending on your luck of the draw.

Personally, in the last year, I've done a handful of eform 1s and I've got them back in periods ranging from 1 week to 2 months.

My only regret is that I have but one brace to Form 1.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

To add insult to injury over this: the libs introduced an assault weapons ban bill this morning (according to the GOA email i just got)…

They’ll never learn. And they’ll never stop until the power given to them is taken away, either by pond scum swamp rats or mass noncompliance.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I submitted an amnesty SBR form 1 just now.

I submitted just a photo showing a close up of the factory markings on the firearm, as I saw no instructions to submit a photo of the entire firearm.

I also applied as a Trust, as I had this firearm put on a notarized assignment sheet last Friday.

Wish me luck!
    Good Luck!

I know you've already submitted yours, so my comment might be helpful(or not) to anyone else that follows. I'm not even certain of my logic.

This is the first time that they have asked for a photo of the firearm....logic would seem to dictate that this is to ensure that the applicant does in fact have a brace and isn't just trying to get a freebie. Therefore I would suspect that a photograph of the brace being attached to the firearm is the critical image????

p.s. do they still want passport photos?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    To add insult to injury over this: the libs introduced an assault weapons ban bill this morning (according to the GOA email i just got)*

They*ll never learn. And they*ll never stop until the power given to them is taken away, either by pond scum swamp rats or mass noncompliance.
    I haven't seen anything on that, do you have a link?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Good Luck!

I know you've already submitted yours, so my comment might be helpful(or not) to anyone else that follows. I'm not even certain of my logic.

This is the first time that they have asked for a photo of the firearm....logic would seem to dictate that this is to ensure that the applicant does in fact have a brace and isn't just trying to get a freebie. Therefore I would suspect that a photograph of the brace being attached to the firearm is the critical image????

p.s. do they still want passport photos?
    So, the ability to upload photos of the firearm to the eform has been there for at least two years. It's doesn't say mandatory or optional, it is just a box there on the eform. And it says "photos of the markings on the firearm" or something like that. Nothing about the whole firearm.

Two years ago when I was submitting the eform 1 for my first destructive device I asked an acquaintance for advice. He has filed many eform 1s for DDs. He said the ATF was regularly asking him to send them photos of the manufacturer markings so he just started adding them to the form when he submitted it and advised me to do the same to avoid delay. So at that point I started submitting photos of the markings on the receiver with my forms. I have also printed photos and mailed them with paper form 4s for some destructive devices. Plenty of people in the last 2 years have submitted forms without any photos and received approvals, so...that's all I know.

Oh ya, and regarding the passport photo, yes you still have to upload that to the eform. I also attach a printed copy of the photo to my responsible person questionnaire when I sign it and scan it in. They can have my iphone selfie twice.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I haven't seen anything on that, do you have a link?
    I have the email story from Erich Pratt, but the links in it take me to the paywall “give us more money” page with no story from the email:

https://secure.anedot.com/gunowners/...&utm_content=A

Then again they send me 4 or more of these kinds of emails a day, even after unsubscribing….so who knows?

More changes to the NFA rules, short quick video on it:

(Clinton County)

Prof. Chaos, aka chaos311clarity. Almost as good as GnG!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 59 of 146 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast