Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 68 of 146 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post

Eat that gif, you're the one who is wrong.
    This G&G guy is a tool. I thought he was going to demonstrate some integrity and acknowledge that the initial info he posted was flat out wrong. Nope. Instead he says it was "the way he said some stuff ... the fact remains that the information was good." He initially said that the process from beginning to end had to be completed in 88 days or it would be automatically denied. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. If the status comes back as "delayed" and it stays in that status for 88 days then it will be automatically denied. That isn't new; it's been that way for years. If you haven't got a "delayed" status before and nothing has changed (no change in your criminal record, no change in state laws, etc) there's no reason to think you would get a delayed status now and thus, the 88-day clock will never begin.

(Allegheny County)

I thought we already came to an understanding about that Guns and Gadgets moron?

Why anyone would watch his videos is beyond me.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I thought we already came to an understanding about that Guns and Gadgets moron?

Why anyone would watch his videos is beyond me.
    And yet he has an order of magnitude more subs and views than I do. This shit is why I pretty much quit posting videos to YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    This G&G guy is a tool. I thought he was going to demonstrate some integrity and acknowledge that the initial info he posted was flat out wrong. Nope. Instead he says it was "the way he said some stuff ... the fact remains that the information was good." He initially said that the process from beginning to end had to be completed in 88 days or it would be automatically denied. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. If the status comes back as "delayed" and it stays in that status for 88 days then it will be automatically denied. That isn't new; it's been that way for years. If you haven't got a "delayed" status before and nothing has changed (no change in your criminal record, no change in state laws, etc) there's no reason to think you would get a delayed status now and thus, the 88-day clock will never begin.
    But people DO get delayed statuses without any criminal background on occasion, for no apparent reason. The fact is that if, for whatever reason, the NICS portion does come back delayed and isn't resolved in those 88 days, your NFA application WILL be automatically denied and your supposed amnesty evaporates immediately. No it probably isn't common for the delayed status to last longer than a day or two without some sort of legitimate reason, but that doesn't mean it doesn't or couldn't happen. With an influx of theoretically 40 million forms, it could happen much more often.

"It's been that way for years."
    OK, but submitting an application after already being in possession of something they now claim is suddenly an NFA item is new. The consequences of that with a denied form are potentially extreme.

If you want to bet your freedom on it, that's fine, but there is no reason to criticize someone for bringing up a legitimate concern when someone's freedom might depend on government competency. If you still think ATF should be taken at their word, there is no helping you.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    But people DO get delayed statuses without any criminal background on occasion, for no apparent reason. The fact is that if, for whatever reason, the NICS portion does come back delayed and isn't resolved in those 88 days, your NFA application WILL be automatically denied and your supposed amnesty evaporates immediately. No it probably isn't common for the delayed status to last longer than a day or two without some sort of legitimate reason, but that doesn't mean it doesn't or couldn't happen. With an influx of theoretically 40 million forms, it could happen much more often.

OK, but submitting an application after already being in possession of something they now claim is suddenly an NFA item is new. The consequences of that with a denied form are potentially extreme.

If you want to bet your freedom on it, that's fine, but there is no reason to criticize someone for bringing up a legitimate concern when someone's freedom might depend on government competency. If you still think ATF should be taken at their word, there is no helping you.

I think that's both a conservative number and not nearly what they are going to end up with I know of several that will not do this and switch to a tube until this gets thrown out by the SCOTUS, my only hope is that once the rule drops a few days/weeks later the injunction is given.

(Northampton County)

You're missing the point entirely. He initially stated that the 88-day clock starts the moment you submit your application and if it isn't fully processed and approved within 88 days you're automatically denied. The fact is that that information is not good; it's flat out wrong.

That isn't the topic at hand. We are talking, specifically, about the 88-day clock.

Now you're resorting to straw man arguments and demonstrating a real lack of integrity by insinuating that I made statements I never made. At no point in this thread have I even suggested anyone file a form 1 nor have I said anything that in any way supports the ATF. As I have said here and elsewhere, repeatedly, each person needs to decide for themselves how to proceed. The best way to do that is with having as much accurate information as possible so that a truly informed decision can be made.

My criticism of G&G is that he posted bogus information and then instead of acknowledging that in his second video, he doubled down and said "the fact remains that the information was good." Moreover, he does this kind of thing all the time; it's not like this is a one-off.

I'm done with him and you.

(Lehigh County)

For you G&G lovers...

(Clinton County)

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

You're missing the point entirely. He initially stated that the 88-day clock starts the moment you submit your application and if it isn't fully processed and approved within 88 days you're automatically denied. The fact is that that information is not good; it's flat out wrong.

That isn't the topic at hand. We are talking, specifically, about the 88-day clock.

Now you're resorting to straw man arguments and demonstrating a real lack of integrity by insinuating that I made statements I never made. At no point in this thread have I even suggested anyone file a form 1 nor have I said anything that in any way supports the ATF. As I have said here and elsewhere, repeatedly, each person needs to decide for themselves how to proceed. The best way to do that is with having as much accurate information as possible so that a truly informed decision can be made.

My criticism of G&G is that he posted bogus information and then instead of acknowledging that in his second video, he doubled down and said "the fact remains that the information was good." Moreover, he does this kind of thing all the time; it's not like this is a one-off.
    And you're missing the point that the only thing that actually matters from this is whether someone could potentially find themselves in legal jeopardy without realizing it. Which is possible. When you submit the form, there is no way to know how long it will take them to get you through NICs and it isn't up to you. If for whatever reason you don't get through in time, it is possible you would be regarded as felon in possession.

It doesn't matter if the 88 day clock is from the start of submission or once it goes "pending" or after fornication with someone else's mother or anything else.

I'm done with him and you.
    Good riddance.
    I am not a lawyer.

Page 68 of 146 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast