Page 62 of 146 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

(Lehigh County)

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    I really can't blame a private range for ensuring NFA items/weapons that are being used have a tax stamp. Someone gets caught with an illegal /unregistered NFA device at the range, ATF and anyone else that is responsible for licensing the range will try to shut it down. Once the local media finds out they will drag the range owner through the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I really can't blame a private range for ensuring NFA items/weapons that are being used have a tax stamp. Someone gets caught with an illegal /unregistered NFA device at the range, ATF and anyone else that is responsible for licensing the range will try to shut it down. Once the local media finds out they will drag the range owner through the mud.
    I think the line needs to be drawn somewhere. Ranges are not required to verify that one has a LTCF or other applicable exception even if they know one carried the firearm loaded in a vehicle to their premises. There is no legal requirement for ranges to ones tax returns or even to do a background check.

Why should they then as a general rule start checking to see if one paid what is essentially just an over glorified tax on a firearm? This is especially so on the types of firearms where the lines between NFA firearm and pistol, rifle, shotgun, or other non-NFA firearm can get complicated and may get even more so if the Biden Administration gets its way. I do not think Elmer Fudd is the best judge of whether one is in compliance of what essentially is federal firearms tax law and so legally speaking Elmer is probably better off staying out of it.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; January 26th, 2023 at 12:23 AM.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinshooter762 View Post
    I think the line needs to be drawn somewhere. Ranges are not required to verify that one has a LTCF or other applicable exception even if they know one carried the firearm loaded in a vehicle to their premises. There is no legal requirement for ranges to ones tax returns or even to do a background check.

Why should they then as a general rule start checking to see if one paid what is essentially just an over glorified tax on a firearm? This is especially so on the types of firearms where the lines between NFA firearm and pistol, rifle, shotgun, or other non-NFA firearm can get complicated and may get even more so if the Biden Administration gets its way. I do not think Elmer Fudd is the best judge of whether one is in compliance of what essentially is federal firearms tax law and so legally speaking Elmer is probably better off staying out of it.
    Maybe it's in a requirement in the range's insurance to check that NFA items being used are in compliance with the NFA.

(Bucks County)

The correct response to let me see your stamp would be; Oh shit I don't have it. I left it on your mother's dresser.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Allegheny County)

I thought only the ATF had the right to demand your papers

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I thought only the ATF had the right to demand your papers
    I could demand to see your driver's license as a condition of you cutting my lawn or attending my dinner party, and you have the right to say no.

"Voluntary" questions are different. But if we strike a deal and then you add a condition later, that's a problem.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Schuylkill County)

If 40 million people wanted to order a pistol tube so they could comply with the rule it isn't going to happen. The supply of regular pistol tubes doesn't exist. They weren't very popular to begin with. These types of pistols became popular because of the braces and now anyone who wants to comply by installing a pistol tube is screwed. The tubes that were available were bought up by people who will make a nice profit reselling them.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    If 40 million people wanted to order a pistol tube so they could comply with the rule it isn't going to happen. The supply of regular pistol tubes doesn't exist. They weren't very popular to begin with. These types of pistols became popular because of the braces and now anyone who wants to comply by installing a pistol tube is screwed. The tubes that were available were bought up by people who will make a nice profit reselling them.
    It states 6-6.6" pistol tube , most are about 7.4" or longer and there aren't many options 6" or less to begin with. But imo removing the tube for the time being should be compliant. No it won't be functional but someone will set in to fill the need.

Page 62 of 146 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast