Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    That is interesting. Thank you for that. Just have to avoid crossing state lines then.

(Northampton County)

Confusing,contradictory BS like everything the ATF puts out.

So one can remove the brace to make the gun compliant according to their "let the ATF help you" chart. And yet, page 11 states if the gun has a buffer tube it's a rifle.

(4) whether the surface area that allows the weapon to be fired from the shoulder
    is created by a buffer tube, receiver extension, or any other accessory, component,
    or other rearward attachment that is necessary for the cycle of operations;

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    That's going to be another challenge. If they are now SBR's, that makes a lot of people's truck guns illegal, because you can't transport a rifle loaded in PA, only pistols.
    Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Yes. Find a private place in the woods to shoot and stay away from public ranges. Problem solved.
    I'm in no way advocating breaking any law, but I suspect a large number of people will, and already may, be doing just that.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I'm in no way advocating breaking any law, but I suspect a large number of people will, and already may, be doing just that.
    Funny thing...I was at our gun club meeting recently and the bump stock ruling came up along with a request to not go nuts and aggravate the neighbors. I told them that I didn't think there was anything to worry about because there were none in stock anywhere.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    Confusing,contradictory BS like everything the ATF puts out.

So one can remove the brace to make the gun compliant according to their "let the ATF help you" chart. And yet, page 11 states if the gun has a buffer tube it's a rifle.
    I saw that and wondered if the plan is to eliminate "pistols" altogether, but I'm hoping it's just poorly worded, and not what they meant.

Since the big stink is "braces", I think it was just a poor choice of words.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I saw that and wondered if the plan is to eliminate "pistols" altogether, but I'm hoping it's just poorly worded, and not what they meant.

Since the big stink is "braces", I think it was just a poor choice of words.
    I'm not sure "hoping" is realistic with regards to the ATF.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    I'm not sure "hoping" is realistic with regards to the ATF.
    I figure there are FAR more intelligent people than me out there reading this stuff and nobody has interpreted this as a flat out ban on pistols, so...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I figure there are FAR more intelligent people than me out there reading this stuff and nobody has interpreted this as a flat out ban on pistols, so...
    ....yet

Probably more intelligent people than me have read it, too. Although the fact that it's 200+ pages is not conducive to reading, and it was just released yesterday, a Friday.

But the fact that they did not include an asterisk/parenthesis after buffer tube "except where mechanically necessary for the cycling/operation of the firearm" or something similar, is very troubling.

The ATF are the masters of pulling crap out of their asses. I thought the bump stock ruling was going to put a temporary brake on their unilateral edicts from on high, but apparently not.

PickingPA Guest

It’s absolutely not a ban on pistols

The key is, they are not banning a firearm….they are re-categorizing an accessory by claiming that the accessory, when attached to the firearm, makes the firearm an NFA restricted item.

It’s not just AR pistol braces either, an MCK kit also falls under this new ruling because it “converts” a pistol into an SBR

(Franklin County)

They aren't banning "pistols", but they are trying to change the definition of what a stock is, to include an item (arm braces) that looks similar and may or may not be used similarly to a stock.
    They got their pee pees smacked when they tried to regulate how people hold a gun, they are doing the same thing again. The ATF says a handgun should be designed to be able to shot with one hand and not shouldered. Pistol braces are for that very purpose, so they aren't going after them based on their intended purpose, they are once again, going after them based on how people are using them.
    They already know this is going to be struck down because it already has been struck down, in the mean time they are going to get as many people to "register" their firearms as they can, for future reference.
    The Hostler

Page 8 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast