Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 146 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ATF Just Dropped Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by William Blake View Post
    They will lose under Bruen.
    They will lose under The Americans with Disabilities Act.
    They will lose under EPA vs West Virginia.
    They will waste our tax dollars doing all that losing = success for .gov
    Litigation costs money. Make sure you're doing your part by donating to FPC and GOA.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

This is ridiculous; I agree it’s time to find the legal fights.

Does this immediately change the definition of an existing AR pistol for the purposes of transport or car carry? I think not, but curious how others see it?

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    This is ridiculous; I agree it*s time to find the legal fights.

Does this immediately change the definition of an existing AR pistol for the purposes of transport or car carry? I think not, but curious how others see it?
    That's going to be another challenge. If they are now SBR's, that makes a lot of people's truck guns illegal, because you can't transport a rifle loaded in PA, only pistols.

(Bucks County)

This is ridiculous; I agree it*s time to find the legal fights.

According to ATF they become SBR*s 120 days after publication in Federal Register which could be as early as next week according to Mr Gunsngear video. So until then I*d consider still a pistol.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    That's going to be another challenge. If they are now SBR's, that makes a lot of people's truck guns illegal, because you can't transport a rifle loaded in PA, only pistols.
    Yeah - I would be thinking similarly. :/

This is yet another reason I wouldn’t invite the ATF over for sausages & beers.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: ATF Just Dropped Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Good video.

If anyone owns one seems like too many potential unknowns to do anything. If you apply for a stamp as soon as available and the ruling gets overturned then what the hell do you have, a pistol or a SBR because you said it was one? But you also didn*t pay the tax that Congress mandates so that*s another issue to resolve.

(Wyoming County)

^Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    *Firearm.* Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.

(a) General rule.-- Except as provided in Title 34 (relating to game), no person shall carry a loaded pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle, other than a firearm as defined in section 6102 (relating to definitions), in any vehicle. The provisions of this section shall not apply to persons excepted from the requirement of a license to carry firearms under section 6106(b)(1), (2), (5) or (6) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license) nor shall the provisions of this section be construed to permit persons to carry firearms in a vehicle where such conduct is prohibited by section 6106.
    (b) Penalty.--A person who violates the provisions of this section commits a summary offense.

You can't carry a long gun other than a firearm if it's loaded, in any vehicle.

You need an LTCF to routinely carry any firearm in a vehicle.

An SBR is a "firearm".
    https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=311390
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

This is ridiculous; I agree it’s time to find the legal fights.

A SBR is still a "firearm" under Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act, so your LTCF still covers it for CC and vehicle transport, no?

PA Title 18 Chapter 61 (Uniform Firearms Act)
    Section 6102 Definitions

Firearm: "Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable."
    Apparently, it depends on the OL. If it is under 26", it should be fine.

(Delaware County)

Alright, y'all,

I've got a buddy who refuses to use the intertubes for anything, including researching gun laws that could put him in the grey bar hotel, so - being a friend - I am doing his research. I am generally of the opinion that all gun laws are unconstitutional so I haven't been tracking the minutia of the brace rules, as I'm not using/planning to use one, but I am opposed to legislation. All that said:

Buddy has an SBA3 not yet attached to a build. He has a completed 7½" AR pistol with a pistol (smooth) tube on it that will not accept a brace. I can tell him not to install the brace, but is there anything I need to tell him to do to stay off the radar? This $#!% is getting confusing.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    ...but is there anything I need to tell him to do to stay off the radar? This $#!% is getting confusing.
    Yes. Find a private place in the woods to shoot and stay away from public ranges. Problem solved.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Page 7 of 146 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast