Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 64 of 146 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Doesn't everyone want an SBR? And if you could get one without etching your fine machine or paying $200 for a stamp, wouldn't that be even better?
    Wanting one and being forced are two separate things. I have plenty of stamps and they’re all by choice. The more things I see the more I disagree with what they’re doing.
    Today was a good day!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Wanting one and being forced are two separate things. I have plenty of stamps and they*re all by choice. The more things I see the more I disagree with what they*re doing.
    LOL I kind of agree but if I wanted pudding and my father said we're having pudding for dessert and we're all having it and you have to eat it, ya know what? I'd eat the fucking pudding.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

LOL I kind of agree but if I wanted pudding and my father said we're having pudding for dessert and we're all having it and you have to eat it, ya know what? I'd eat the fucking pudding.
    Maybe. But maybe he's gonna put it on the floor, and you want it on your plate. There are pistols that you want to not be restricted, want to be able to cross state lines without permission, want to be able to let other people shoot. They're placing restrictions on your guns that you may not want.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    It states 6-6.6" pistol tube , most are about 7.4" or longer and there aren't many options 6" or less to begin with. But imo removing the tube for the time being should be compliant. No it won't be functional but someone will set in to fill the need.
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    I did order a "pistol tube" and it should be arriving sometime today. It didn't state how long it was, it had no reviews, and I never heard of the place that I ordered it from. I've read reviews on similar looking tubes from different sellers stating that they were too short and wouldn't allow the bolt to go back far enough to function. It didn't cost much so I figured that I would give it a try.
    Anyone have any thoughts on cutting an inch out of the middle of a 7 inch pistol buffer tube, then re-welding?? Too dangerous?

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Maybe. But maybe he's gonna put it on the floor, and you want it on your plate. There are pistols that you want to not be restricted, want to be able to cross state lines without permission, want to be able to let other people shoot. They're placing restrictions on your guns that you may not want.
    I dunno about that. Maybe and maybe not. If it gets SBR but one doesn't have to get it etched. And we have the right/ability to un-SBR it at any time and no notification to ATF is required to to so. How is it a violation to change its identity to pistol if/when we want?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

out of curiousity i measured the tube on my db10 and from the castle nut back is it 6 3/8" inches long

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Anyone that jumped right on this is a fool. I would have at least waited to see if anything is going to happen.
    You shouldn't paint with a broad brush.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    no thanks I'm in disagreement with this whole thing , most likely what will happen is you will not be gotten to within the time frame allotted then you are now in possession of what in their opinion is an SBR and they state they will take enforcement action. This is a confiscation trap / registration plain and simple.
    From the ATF FAQ related to the brace rule:

PRIOR TO AND AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE 120-DAY TAX FORBEARANCE, CAN I CONTINUE TO POSSESS MY SBR EQUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” IF I HAVE TIMELY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION TO REGISTER MY FIREARM?
    • Yes. Provided you are not otherwise prohibited from possession of a firearm under Federal or State law, you may continue to lawfully possess your SBR while your registration application is pending with ATF. While your application is pending, you should maintain proof of submission as evidence of continued lawful possession.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

I'm not so sure about that. Doesn't everyone want an SBR? And if you could get one without etching your fine machine or paying $200 for a stamp, wouldn't that be even better?
    A. Fuck yes (but I won't beg the gov for permission, so no SBR for me)

B. Fuck no (see above)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    You shouldn't paint with a broad brush.

From the ATF FAQ related to the brace rule:

PRIOR TO AND AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE 120-DAY TAX FORBEARANCE, CAN I CONTINUE TO POSSESS MY SBR EQUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” IF I HAVE TIMELY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION TO REGISTER MY FIREARM?
    • Yes. Provided you are not otherwise prohibited from possession of a firearm under Federal or State law, you may continue to lawfully possess your SBR while your registration application is pending with ATF. While your application is pending, you should maintain proof of submission as evidence of continued lawful possession.
    Only the ones that seem happy like they got something for free, remember nothing is free.
    Today was a good day!

Page 64 of 146 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast