Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 41 of 146 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    (Bradford County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

House can block it, but will they? +1, no Senate or potato Joe needed if I understand correctly?

Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...er-brace-rule/
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Default Re: ATF Just Dropped Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    I thought you had a great idea, and I was about to order the parts to do the same thing. I suddenly remembered my upper is a side charge and I probably don't have a way to eliminate the buffer tube.
    Nothing they do arbitrarily should cost you money. If they want you to make a change, it should be on them to provide you with compensation for said change.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    what happens if you take off the brace and leave the buffer tube on something like an ak?
    It'll be an SBR because the buffer tube serves no purpose other than to add a brace or stock. Even a rear attachment point like a pic rail or folding adapter that serves no purpose except to attach a brace/stock could apparently make it an SBR.
    The Hostler

(Allegheny County)

One can either listen to Poofer legal advice or actual legal advice.

I'll wait for the real thing.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    One can either listen to Poofer legal advice or actual legal advice.

I'll wait for the real thing.
    the problem is I'm not seeing any definitive answer from lawyers probably due to all the bull in this rule.

the problem is I'm not seeing any definitive answer from lawyers probably due to all the bull in this rule.
    ^^^^^^^
    THIS

(Allegheny County)

Exactly.
    You can go on Poofa legal advice if you wish.
    Plenty of that available.

Obviously, it's a discussion forum, and we're going to "discuss" this new "rule", but be very careful about whose advice you cling to at this point.
    I thought I understood things on a basic level, but "stuff" popped up that makes me question what I thought I knew.
    No point jumping to conclusions though. I'll wait and watch.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Exactly.
    You can go on Poofa legal advice if you wish.
    Plenty of that available.

Obviously, it's a discussion forum, and we're going to "discuss" this new "rule", but be very careful about whose advice you cling to at this point.
    I thought I understood things on a basic level, but "stuff" popped up that makes me question what I thought I knew.
    No point jumping to conclusions though. I'll wait and watch.

Lets take the rose colored glasses off a second:

IF: buffer tubes are considered shouldering devices…IF braces are considered a stock, thereby converting a pistol to an SBR…IF a tax stamp is required within 120 days and requires self imcrimination and is likely to not be approved due to backlog, resulting in automatic denials and enforcement at the 88 day mark:

The whole thing is a helluva way to ban/require registration of all AR (not just pistols…that pesky buffer tube!) or face penalty. Its also a helluva way to make as many folks felons as they possibly can in a relatively short period of time. This potentially sets the stage for confiscation.

Theres no way to comply in good faith. This ruling was the equivalent to being bent over the barrel, and the waiting for clarification is the pants around the ankles gripping the rim. At this point, not much can be done but brace for impact.

All one can do is see how it shakes out. Its so murky, damned if you do and damned if you dont, that the courts will have to decide and fast. With any luck, congress will step in and put a stop to it but i wont hold my breath.

I suppose one could argue its a violation of 5th amendment right to comply. And i suppose it could also be argued “fuck your rights we dont care we are big gov’t here to help.”
    Last edited by HanzMcFeely; January 20th, 2023 at 04:21 PM.

(Bucks County)

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Washington County)

Regarding the video above, where does the 88 days come from? I thought it was clearly written in something the ATF put out that as long as you have your form submitted within the 120 days you're ok until they make their determination.

Today I added the one gun I'm considering registering to my existing NFA trust and got it notarized, since it seems you have until the ruling is officially in the register to add the gun to your trust and get the tax free SBR stamp as a trust. I figured I would get that done today to make the cut off. So now I'm $10 towards the free stamp.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 41 of 146 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast