Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 28 of 146 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Coworker: "I wasn't going to get the vaccine, but if they're going to give me $50, I'll take it."

That and the fact that a lot of those who are eager to register thier guns think that doing so now will enable them to "beat the rush".
    I'm waiting until ATF offers that $50 gift card deal with the 'free' stamps...

Quote Originally Posted by bob2277494 View Post
    Anyone considering this as their opportunity to get the SBR they always wanted without having to pay the $200 and skip the wait time for the stamp approval?
    I don't think anyone has considered that yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm wondering if I should take advantage of this to get a free SBR approval. Do we still need to get them etched? It looked to me like they could be left with the original mfgs markings but I do get lost in all that mumbo jumbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Yes, you need the engraving with your real name unless it was transferred into a trust.

What I'm not sure about is where PMF's come in. I'm assuming they'd have to be serialized first.
    Can you provide reference for that requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Matt Gaetz introduces the *Abolish The ATF Act*

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gae...ilizing-braces
    'Look at me! I'm going to abolish the ATF!' What a clown. How about introducing legislation that has at least .0000000001% of passing?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    AFT might know how many receivers have been bought through an FFL, but not what configuration those might be in or even if you still own them. On a personal level, they know I own guns I'm sure. The what and how many, nobody knows for sure and I'll keep it that way for however long possible.
    Yep.
    I don't know why everyone jumps to "they KNOW you own guns ALREADY" when I make ANY mention of not wanting paper trails when not necessary.
    "No shit, Sherlock" is my immediate thought.
    That doesn't mean they need to have all the info they wished they had.

The longer they do not have complete data lists the better for everyone - even for the people who don't care.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

'Look at me! I'm going to abolish the ATF!' What a clown. How about introducing legislation that has at least .0000000001% of passing?

The same could be said about the multitude of lawsuits that are being drafted to combat this new ruling.

The same WAS said about Gaetz running the opposition group against McCarthy’s speakership

But yeah, why bother trying anything. Just put your head down and do as you’re told, that will fix everything

Sure, he’s bombastic. But he’s often successful at forcing issues by being antagonistic

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    The same could be said about the multitude of lawsuits that are being drafted to combat this new ruling.

The same WAS said about Gaetz running the opposition group against McCarthy*s speakership

But yeah, why bother trying anything. Just put your head down and do as you*re told, that will fix everything

Sure, he*s bombastic. But he*s often successful at forcing issues by being antagonistic
    Besides the fact Gaetz is a pedo....

The lawsuits can stop this crap. If by some miracle, this bill could get enough votes to pass in the Senate, Bidet will veto. And there's no way in hell the House and the Senate will have enough votes to override the veto.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Besides the fact Gaetz is a pedo....

The lawsuits can stop this crap. If by some miracle, this bill could get enough votes to pass in the Senate, Bidet will veto. And there's no way in hell the House and the Senate will have enough votes to override the veto.
    Yeah… how far did the pedo thing get? It was a failed political takedown. But you bought it, so it MUST be true.

As for the rest, there is a process and like I said earlier it’s obviously not going to pass, but it’s about making a point, and that point gets honed in appropriations

Quote Originally Posted by me
    The House Appropriations Committee carries an inordinate amount of power and controls the money that funds federal agencies. Gaetz is not on that committee, however he is influential among the members. He is a member of the Judiciary Committee, which wields its own sledge and is chaired by Jim Jordan.

Gaetz’s Act will not pass the Senate, even if it happens to get through committee and pass in the House. It is however not an exercise in blowing hot air. The IRS & ATF are not Constitutionally established or protected agencies, unlike Congressional appropriations
    Just like House Republicans voting to repeal the IRS expansion. It’s a warning shot, because in the end they hold the checkbook

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    AFT might know how many receivers have been bought through an FFL, but not what configuration those might be in or even if you still own them. On a personal level, they know I own guns I'm sure. The what and how many, nobody knows for sure and I'll keep it that way for however long possible.
    You don't suppose they're smart enough to know that where there's one gun there is likely to be more? Unless you have a few buried somewhere I'm pretty sure if they decide to confiscate they won't give you advanced warning to hide the ones they don't know about.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yep.
    I don't know why everyone jumps to "they KNOW you own guns ALREADY" when I make ANY mention of not wanting paper trails when not necessary.
    "No shit, Sherlock" is my immediate thought.
    That doesn't mean they need to have all the info they wished they had.

The longer they do not have complete data lists the better for everyone - even for the people who don't care.
    The ATF has been struggling with the AR for some time now, to our advantage. It would take me 10 seconds to covert an illegal AR pistol to a perfectly legal AR rifle, and vice versa. If I want to legally keep a stock on my AR pistol all I have to do is pop two pins and separate the upper from the lower and slide a rifle upper on it.. The modularity of the AR has baffled the ATF idiots for years. For now that's probably going to be my strategy, move my pistol lowers all over to rifle uppers and see how this plays out. The last thing I'm going to do is give the ATF any more information than they already have. Not sure what I'll do with my non AR platform pistol with brace.
    The Hostler

When the clowns in DC start abiding by the laws we peons have to follow, Then I may give a fuck what they say...........

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Unless you have a few buried somewhere I'm pretty sure if they decide to confiscate they won't give you advanced warning to hide the ones they don't know about.
    You say that like it's not realistic.
    The Hostler

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    You don't suppose they're smart enough to know that where there's one gun there is likely to be more? Unless you have a few buried somewhere I'm pretty sure if they decide to confiscate they won't give you advanced warning to hide the ones they don't know about.
    If I have anything hidden, I'm not about to say on here. That's just stupid. If we got to a total confiscation point, I'm pretty sure all bets are off on what I would do and I'd have some pretty advanced notice of that coming up the pipe. Until that's the case it's none of their damn business exactly how many of what I own.

Page 28 of 146 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast