Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 23 of 146 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: ATF Just Dropped Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Why are people registering already? The "amnesty" hasn't even started yet.
    The flock has been well conditioned.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

curious to see what happens to the value of these guns in a few years. im going to guess that most braced guns registered are not going to be anything highly sought after. will now being a sbr hurt or help the value of these items?

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    curious to see what happens to the value of these guns in a few years. im going to guess that most braced guns registered are not going to be anything highly sought after. will now being a sbr hurt or help the value of these items?
    Unless SBR's are frozen like MG's, they won't have much bonus value over Title I rifles or pistols. Which would make no sense to do another '86 ban, but they never let that stop them before.

The only thing you save between a $200 Form 1 making of an SBR, and a $200 Form 4 transfer, is the cost and effort of markings. And a Form 4 keeps your personal info off a gun.

Registering a braced gun now makes sense if you personally want an SBR with a govt $200-off coupon. Otherwise, not so much. Braces are not so great shoulder stocks, and terrible as wrist braces, so unless you're handicapped & the brace helps, it's better to go SBR, probably.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

Anyone considering this as their opportunity to get the SBR they always wanted without having to pay the $200 and skip the wait time for the stamp approval?

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    You can remove the brace and install a stock once it is registered.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...ilizing-braces

Click the link to open the FAQ pdf under "What Do You Need To Know?"

Then you can read this on page 4 to page 5:
    Wowee (serious, not sarc). Well if that's the case then I guess I can kind of see why people might jump on it, although I still think that the whole thing is a shitty backdoor attempt at compiling some kind of 'list.'
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Berks County)

I'm wondering if I should take advantage of this to get a free SBR approval. Do we still need to get them etched? It looked to me like they could be left with the original mfgs markings but I do get lost in all that mumbo jumbo.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm wondering if I should take advantage of this to get a free SBR approval. Do we still need to get them etched? It looked to me like they could be left with the original mfgs markings but I do get lost in all that mumbo jumbo.
    Yes, you need the engraving with your real name unless it was transferred into a trust.

What I'm not sure about is where PMF's come in. I'm assuming they'd have to be serialized first.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Unless SBR's are frozen like MG's, they won't have much bonus value over Title I rifles or pistols. Which would make no sense to do another '86 ban, but they never let that stop them before.

The only thing you save between a $200 Form 1 making of an SBR, and a $200 Form 4 transfer, is the cost and effort of markings. And a Form 4 keeps your personal info off a gun.

Registering a braced gun now makes sense if you personally want an SBR with a govt $200-off coupon. Otherwise, not so much. Braces are not so great shoulder stocks, and terrible as wrist braces, so unless you're handicapped & the brace helps, it's better to go SBR, probably.
    this is sort of what I'm thinking. its not a bad idea if you want an SBR. i guess i was wondering about the people that go this route then discover the joys of selling later. personally i wouldn't pay the same price for a used sbr unless it was something special knowing there is an additional 200 fee and paper work to deal with. i was kind of wondering if many of these will lose some value.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    No.

Take "advantage" all you want, it just requires you to admit on paper that you committed a felony.

Don't talk to police, ESPECIALLY the GayTF.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    You can remove the brace and install a stock once it is registered.
    Absolutely....until the ATF waives their magic wand again and changes their minds and issues another edict. They've never done that before...

Page 23 of 146 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast