Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 146 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    It would be even worse. If 10% of people who own them registered, it would be applications in the 100k- millions. The AFT wouldn't be able to process that in the next 100 years.
    so would that mean you could not possess/use item(s) until the stamp is in hand like any other NFA item? this will also help kill the sales of real things under the NFA like suppressors cause having to wait years potentially would prevent most buyers from spending the money.

(Northampton County)

They will not be able to process the form ones, 8 Nfa examiners process SBR's now . there is no way that they will process 40 million sbr requests in 120 days, It would take about 69 years for 8 nfa examiners working 40 hrs a week to complete this process. This is just bullshit from the ATF, they know that the current old very old system won't be able handle this. I just printed the 17 page ATF guide for filing on your pistol braced firearm, 17 pages of nonsense, so after the 120 days many of us will fall into the felon category because your applications will not be completed and you won't have your stamp. this could take up to five years to reach the Supreme Court. This is just the ATF telling firearm owners to fuck off, if they get away with this they will be coming after your AK and AR rifles next! what really sucks about this is many firearm owners never vote and don't stand up for our rights , in the end we then send more jackasses to DC who then take our rights away. This has been coming for along time! If we don't stand up now in the very near future we won't have any rights left!
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Allegheny County)

Anyone else care to step up?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    F*#K THE ATF

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    I can understand your decision but why jump on it so quick? I also have a factory built AR Pistol with a paper trail and I'm not jumping on anything. We just took over the house and have 4 months to even consider submitting the paperwork if a lawsuit doesn't halt this in their tracks.

Imagine being the ATF seeing all the good boys submitting their AR Pistols to register as a SBR as soon as they make this "rule" live. Last I heard there were an estimate of at least 6 million pistols that would now fall under their SBR definition, imagine if they got ZERO applications - That sends a pretty clear message, not here is my app thanks for the "free" stamp.
    I don't see where I gave a timeline of my intention, but I'm not holding my breath or waiting until day 119 for a court to save us. How long has it been since they pulled this shit with bumpstocks? 2+ years right

Ideally I'd love to see the .gov get a shit load of form 1s that they decline tax for, and then the courts tell them after they process those that the new rules are a"no-go" and everybody else gets to keep their braces. Everybody wins & ATF/gov loses. That's how I would like to see this play out. I can dream right?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    so lets just say this stands for now and this rule goes into effect and maybe a couple thousand to maybe tens of thousands of people submit the paperwork to register. is the ATF going to suddenly change the approval process and timeline? will you be allowed to use and possess this unregistered item while the ATF takes their time? the current wait time is what 8 months, what happens if thousands more apps get dumped into this process? then what happens to your app if this gets legally turned over after you have submitted your paper work but not yet been approved.

Actually form 1s were being approved in a matter of weeks.

ARJohnson had an MP5 approval of 12 days. see below
    https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...92#post4700392

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Actually form 1s were being approved in a matter of weeks.

ARJohnson had an MP5 approval of 12 days. see below
    https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...92#post4700392
    guess thats one thing i havent seen was if these will be form 1 or 4, most things i read didnt go that deep. im sure there will be tons returned for errors by people who are unfamiliar with the process and are just going to give in for a "free" stamp. the turn around times will be slowed down from the current rate would be my guess due to shear volume.

(Allegheny County)

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    guess thats one thing i havent seen was if these will be form 1 or 4, most things i read didnt go that deep. im sure there will be tons returned for errors by people who are unfamiliar with the process and are just going to give in for a "free" stamp. im sure the turn around times will be slowed down from the current rate.
    No doubt, returns will take a lot longer, and I would be surprised if the system doesn't melt down. According to the Gun Law video that EmptyMag shared- the ATF will honor all submissions within the 120 days, regardless of how long it takes for approval....
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; January 17th, 2023 at 03:34 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    No doubt, returns will take a lot longer, and I would be surprised if the system doesn't melt down. According to the Gun Law video that EmptyMag shared- the ATF will honor all submissions within the 120 days, regardless of how long it takes for approval....
    Thanks. I thought I heard/read that as long as you submit your papers by the deadline, you will be viewed as compliant. (until determination? I don't fully understand it)
    Minute mark 18:25 is where it's mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Again - just because he's a lawyer, does not mean he has the answers, or has it all down 100%.
    Just more info to digest.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Thanks. I thought I heard/read that as long as you submit your papers by the deadline, you will be viewed as compliant. (until determination? I don't fully understand it)
    Minute mark 18:25 is where it's mentioned
    So what happens if/when the ATF does the same thing they did with solvent traps? That is likely the end game here, the ATF gives this grace period but nobody actually gets approved within that period. They then say that these aren't eligible to turn into SBR's because you were already in possession of an SBR and must destroy it or hand over to the ATF.

The whole thing is just a giant fucking mess that will hopefully end in limbo until the courts overall this overreach.

Page 17 of 146 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast