Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 125 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1459
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

I'm just happy the number is only 250k out of the millions of braces that were sold over the last decade. That's a big FU to their registration in general.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'm just happy the number is only 250k out of the millions of braces that were sold over the last decade. That's a big FU to their registration in general.
    Given a 4% compliance rate with NY's Safe Act, I am not surprised.

https://hudsonvalleyone.com/2016/07/...with-safe-act/
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Rep Andrew Clyde updates his bill (to kill the pistol brace rule) on Bannon’s War Room today

https://rumble.com/v2sbfmg-rep.-andr...rule-of-t.html

(Lehigh County)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    First of all, I don't know if his estimates used are correct, but he obviously doesn't know how math works.

255k÷10M= 0.025 x100 (to get a percentage) = 2.55% not 0.025%

Eta: Second of all, how does he know how many people didn't just remove the brace to be compliant? That takes about 5 seconds. He says half of his estimated 20M didn't comply, would like to see where he got that number.

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    First of all, I don't know if his estimates used are correct, but he obviously doesn't know how math works.

Eta: Second of all, how does he know how many people didn't just remove the brace to be compliant? That takes about 5 seconds. He says half of his estimated 20M didn't comply, would like to see where he got that number.
    His math was off. He made the above video on the June 4th. People pointed that out to him in the comments of the video and he made another video on June 5th admitting he made a mistake and did some new extrapolating with the numbers.

As for the 2nd part, every estimate people including him are making is literally guessing and pulling things out of their ass. No one knows the true number of braces out there. I doubt that many/any except perhaps an occasional Sean Penn type destroyed or turned theirs in. But it would not surprise me if that number is 0.

The only number we do know is how many applied to SBR.

So for the rest it was either leave the brace on, or take the brace off. No way to know who did what. And without any source data to use as a guesstimate, I put no stock in his or any of the numerous *experts* making videos about the topic right now nor will I throw out BS numbers.

Still to many unclear questions even with the above to determine compliance with the rule.. Biggest in my mind is is it enough to take the brace off or do you have to alter/destroy it also. I could see a ton of people removing the brace but not destroying it. If you listen to the director who went before Congress, removing it means you complied. If you listen to the letters that the ATF put out, just removing it is not compliance.

Then you work injunctions and possible interpretations into the mix and things get even more confusing.

Somehow after 4 months things are clear as mud and impossible to get a true estimate of how many complied with the rule in some form or another. Way to go AFT

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Way to go AFT[/B]
    AFT indeed = 'A Fucking Trainwreck.'
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post

You can't just remove the brace, you need to get a tube that can't accept a brace.
    FJB

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    You can't just remove the brace, you need to get a tube that can't accept a brace.
    I don't think the ATF has said anything about the tube itself, they just address what you need to do to the brace.
    If you know differently, please post your reference.
    The Hostler

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I don't think the ATF has said anything about the tube itself, they just address what you need to do to the brace.
    If you know differently, please post your reference.
    I believe what they said is remove the brace in a fashion that it can no longer be re-attached.

Page 125 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast