Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 146 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    That's true until you attach a stock..... and if they are saying braces and buffertubes are stocks.....
    Did they actually say specifically that a brace is a stock? Or did they redefine what a rifle was and say that a pistol with a brace is a SBR? There is a distinction. Of course we can pick this apart until we're blue in the face and they always give themselves the power to change their minds as they see fit.

Someone should send in a letter...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

This is an opportunity to register a few SBR's for free, just the cost of engraving. SBR's are better for house clearing, especially if home invaders are wearing soft body armor.

I don't think that SBR's should be NFA firearms at all, but that's been the law, so violate it only if you make an informed choice to do so. If you're caught, you won't be a gun owner again.

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    FWIW, Phil Gunlawyer has been telling this cautionary story for years.
    Thanks for noticing. Yep, SBR regulation is a holdover from 1934 when they thought they would effectively ban all handguns, but lost that battle. So you can conceal a handgun but not own a concealable rifle, for no crime-fighting reason at all. It's one of those things that proves the axiom, "If you respect the law and enjoy sausage, never watch either one being made."
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Did they actually say specifically that a brace is a stock? Or did they redefine what a rifle was and say that a pistol with a brace is a SBR? There is a distinction. Of course we can pick this apart until we're blue in the face and they always give themselves the power to change their minds as they see fit.

Someone should send in a letter...
    Oh I'm sure people are asking them already, it's not a stretch for them to amend it to apply to anything with a brace

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    This is an opportunity to register a few SBR's for free, just the cost of engraving. SBR's are better for house clearing, especially if home invaders are wearing soft body armor.

I don't think that SBR's should be NFA firearms at all, but that's been the law, so violate it only if you make an informed choice to do so. If you're caught, you won't be a gun owner again.

Thanks for noticing. Yep, SBR regulation is a holdover from 1934 when they thought they would effectively ban all handguns, but lost that battle. So you can conceal a handgun but not own a concealable rifle, for no crime-fighting reason at all. It's one of those things that proves the axiom, "If you respect the law and enjoy sausage, never watch either one being made."
    Where does it say that? From FAQ...

27. ONCE THE FIREARM IS REGISTERED, AM I REQUIRED TO MARK THE FIREARM SINCE I MANUFACTURED
    A SHORT-BARRELED RIFLE (SBR)?
    * If the SBR equipped with a *stabilizing brace* is registered within the 120-day tax forbearance
    period, the possessor is allowed to adopt the markings on the firearm. The maker*s marking
    exception is only applicable to firearms that are registered pursuant to the final rule. If the
    firearm is a personally made firearm, the possessor must mark in accordance with 27 CFR 478.92
    & 479.102 prior to submitting the E-Form 1.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lehigh County)

Free Tax Stamp 🤔

[IMG=CONFIG]163434[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Gonna be LOTS of fucktards sticking their dicks right into that trap.

It's a shame that people will gleefully give up their rights to save $200.

I think of them as the equivalent to a Fudd.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Gonna be LOTS of fucktards sticking their dicks right into that trap.

It's a shame that people will gleefully give up their rights to save $200.

I think of them as the equivalent to a Fudd.
    I can understand why people will do it. A potential $250,000 fine, ten years in jail, money/time fighting charges, stress, loss of job and loss of government approved gun rights is a strong motivator beyond the saving $200. I know a lot of people might say *how will they know*? They might never know. Or any of a 1000 different fucked up situations like defending your property and life with an ar with a pistol brace that is unregistered. All of a sudden they know.

People complying or not is a choice each has to make. Knowing the potential consequences is a big part in that choice. The potential consequences are not minimal. I will not criticize people who don*t get the stamp, but I am not going to criticize or blame people who do.

Hopefully the courts do the right thing. But that is never a given.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I can understand why people will do it. A potential $250,000 fine, ten years in jail, money/time fighting charges, stress, loss of job and loss of government approved gun rights is a strong motivator beyond the saving $200. I know a lot of people might say *how will they know*? They might never know. Or any of a 1000 different fucked up situations like defending your property and life with an ar with a pistol brace that is unregistered. All of a sudden they know.

People complying or not is a choice each has to make. Knowing the potential consequences is a big part in that choice. The potential consequences are not minimal. I will not criticize people who don*t get the stamp, but I am not going to criticize or blame people who do.

Hopefully the courts do the right thing. But that is never a given.

Jail time? Non-compliance?

Take the brace off. Done.

How hard is that?

There's nothing good that will come from playing into the game they want you to play with them. ("free" stamp)
    You will lose. All of us will.

(Allegheny County)

Reminder: Do not watch youtube videos as though they have all the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Jail time? Non-compliance?

Take the brace off. Done.

How hard is that?

There's nothing good that will come from playing into the game they want you to play with them. ("free" stamp)
    You will lose. All of us will.
    Gotcha, I thought you were taking it the direction of don*t comply don*t give in and keep the pistol the way it is. My mistake.

Page 12 of 146 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast