Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default New carry permit application for Lancaster county. A few questions

I just went on Lancaster sheriff's website and looked up revised application for carry permit renewal. Last time I applied was paper application. I am not the best tech person so am I correct in my understanding of the following points?

1. Apply online, but pay when arrive to pick up permit
    2. No need or even way to list references. It appears using any off the rack system and blocked ability to provide references
    3. Just need to enter driver's license number, even though a place to send copy of license. This is important for me as again not too tech savvy.

Thanks for any help. Link attached to application part of sheriff's website.

https://lancasterpa.permitium.com/cc...permittype=new

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: New carry permit application for Lancaster county. A few questions

My wife and i just renewed ours last week. Fill out application and pay online. There was a spot on the application to list references but it is not needed. Just fill out the portions marked with asterisk*s. Once the application is approved, they will send an email with instructions to make an appointment. We received the email about two hours after filling it out. When you receive the email, if approved, there will be a link to sign up for an appointment to get your picture taken an pick up your ltcf. Lancaster does a pretty good job of keeping the process fairly painless.

ETA; you will need to take your drivers license or other photo ID along with you when you pick up the ltcf. Also no phones allowed in the courthouse.

(Lancaster County)

New system is crap. No reason they can't do it in the office like before other than pure laziness. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

(Berks County)

I don't know about Lancaster County, but in Berks, if you pay online they charge an extra $5 convenience fee. There may have also been a 3% CC fee. Wife and I just mailed a check. Office called within a week of mailing and went for my photo in two days. They apparently schedule appointments every 15 minutes. WE were both done and out in less than 10 minutes, maybe less than 5.

I*m curious, just visited the website it doesn*t appear Lancaster issues non-resident LTCF or is that on-line is only good for residents?

(Carbon County)

my county (carbon renewal notice ) said for faster service make an appointment.

I made the appointment and went with my pre-filled out form and was in and out in 20 minutes
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........