Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Letter to my congressman

Here's a letter I recently wrote to Jason Altmire who recently kept his seat in this district.

I thought others may like to see the beginning of my efforts to write to my representatives so that my voice (however small it may be) is heard by the people making decisions.

Jason,

I have been a resident of PA since weeks after my birth and I am quite proud to live here. We have a rich heritage which I am sure you are aware of.

I am young and a member of a 3rd party because I do not feel that either of the major political parties adequately represents my viewpoints on many issues. I would like to commend you on one issue of which you have FIRMLY gained my trust on which is the Second Amendment. Your voting record on this matter is stellar from the research I have done and statements you have made.

Many of my friends and acquaintances are currently in a severe panic over the results of the election because they look at President-elect Obama's voting history and statements regarding the second amendment and gun rights and see something that they don't like. Truth be told I am not fond of his sentiments either. Rather than panic and buy up every gun and box of ammo I can spare to afford I decided to write letters to representatives such as yourself who have a strong history of support for our rights in this area.

We ask nothing less than your continued support on this matter. We also ask that you keep your constituents in your mind through these trying times. There is so much at stake with the current conditions of the country that it can be hard to stay the course. It may be difficult to contradict many of the positions of others within your party on this matter but as your record has shown your stand I have faith in you.

Surely if you keep us in your prayers we will keep you, and the country in ours.

Please feel free to call me, mail, or e-mail me if you would like to further discuss this matter.

Sincerely,

Joshua L***

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Letter to my congressman

It's a good letter. One bit of advice though, is you shouldn't really address a Congress Critter by first name, out of respect for the office. "Dear Representative Altmire" Typically, if you're going to address the letter, the full title would be "The Honorable Jason Altmire"

Some Congress Critters may not deserve to be called honorable, but it's typically taken as respecting the office, not the person who occupies it.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

Default Re: Letter to my congressman

Thanks for the advice, I'm just getting started....many more need to go out.