Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifle season

Default Rifle season

Call me crazy. Don't get me wrong, the fall is a special time of year. It signals that change that is to come. I love the leaves, the crisp air, the long hunting hours before the clocks change. Deer start to change patterns, and we try to figure them out. All of that is lovely....BUT, who doesn't like going away and freezing their arse off toting a nice rifle, or revolver? Maybe it is because I am trying a new place this year in the mountains that I am so excited, but I feel like a kid at Christmas. Thanksgiving can't come fast enough. I hope everyone has a great season.
    Jules

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Rifle season

im gonna have to say i love freezing my arse off with my ghillied m44 hiking 10-20 miles in my safety orange pushing through laurel and thorns, all for a tasty deer. this year looks like its gonna be nice and cold to !!!

(Perry County)

I can't wait. I'm going to camp on black Friday and I've already started getting my stuff together. It's going to be cool and there might even be snow on the ground. This has the potential to be the best hunting season in at least 5 or 6 years.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    im gonna have to say i love freezing my arse off with my ghillied m44 hiking 10-20 miles in my safety orange pushing through laurel and thorns, all for a tasty deer. this year looks like its gonna be nice and cold to !!!
    Do you have pictures of this?

I have 2 Nagants one is pristine and fairly accurate @ 100 yds with open sights but I don't want to alter it in any way because of the great condition it is in. The other has the ATI stock and a bi pod, I was debating on adding a scope to it and using it as a deer rifle.

(York County)

Even though bowhunting deer is my favorite season, I still like to gun hunt. If I could I would hunt deer everyday of the season, bow or gun. This season has a little more to it since its my fiance's first deer hunting season and I still have tags left so I'll be in the tree beside her, really looking forward to it. Good Luck all, and be safe
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmark.35 View Post
    I can't wait. I'm going to camp on black Friday and I've already started getting my stuff together. It's going to be cool and there might even be snow on the ground. This has the potential to be the best hunting season in at least 5 or 6 years.

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!!!!!
    Jules

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmark.35 View Post
    This has the potential to be the best hunting season in at least 5 or 6 years.
    I gotta agree with that.

I just spent most of archery season in Bradford county. I didn't fill a tag but I saw lots of deer and a few really good bucks.

Good luck to everyone.

(Wayne County)

Being retired is great, I don`t have to rush anything and have all week to hunt. I look foward to opening day just to be alive and well enough to get out and hunt. The best part of it all is being with my hunting buddy and his dad. Lots of laughs and beer at the end of the day.

Qtrborecrazy

(Monroe County)

I know I'm looking FWD to it. I really think we will see some snow for 1-2 of the days. This year is special I was deployed last year and missed buck and I know I'll be back by Iraq next year at this time so getting one would mean alot. Unless I make Chief next year I retire in 2010 so this is going to be the last year I can shoot old rules.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

I enjoy all the deer seasons for what they have to offer. Personally flintlock is becoming my favorite season.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast